The substance abuse counselor is the unsung hero of drug and alcohol addiction recovery. A professional with a background in psychotherapy, your therapist becomes your greatest champion. He or she also challenges you and spurs you on to achieve your goals. How is it possible for this expert to do all that in a few short weeks?
Seeing Therapy as a Continuum of Care
Recovery from substance abuse is more than one or two modalities. Addiction therapy services offer you a broad range of therapeutic options. Examples include:
- Individual therapy that personalizes interactions to meet your needs with treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy
- Experiential therapy that lets you explore personal growth opportunities through doing in addition to talking
- Group therapy with an expert overseeing the dynamics that ensures the formation of self-esteem and accountability
- Life skills training that helps you to explore how to have fun without using and structure free time in new ways
- Relapse prevention therapy that helps you to look ahead to lifelong sobriety
A therapist guides you through the various modalities and ensures that you get the most out of your stay. The professional’s expertise in working with evidence-based methods benefits your efforts at attaining and sustaining your sobriety.
Working with a Substance Abuse Counselor
Consider that a psychotherapist helps you through all stages of recovery. As a result, it makes sense that you’ll spend a lot of time with the expert. You have a variety of engagement opportunities open to you. Addiction treatment programs you might attend include:
- Women’s drug rehab that offers specialized care that builds on your strengths
- Extended care treatment that benefits you when the substance has a particularly strong hold on your life
- Partial hospitalization, which is a good option when you want to spend the day at the facility but return home at night
- Intensive outpatient programs that benefit some individuals, depending on their needs and motivation to quit
- Outpatient drug rehab that allows you to graduate from another treatment framework
- Rehab aftercare, which may include goal setting and sober living accommodations as a way of easing back into your daily routines
Throughout all of these programs and stages, counselors are by your side. They help you choose which treatment model is right for you. Additionally, they’ll help you to transition to different care models when you’re ready to move on. In some situations, they may offer advice to switch from one type to another if it would benefit your recovery.
Getting Help for a Substance Abuse Problem Today
If you’ve been suffering in silence, you don’t have to do so any longer. A friendly, knowledgeable substance abuse counselor at Crestview Recovery will partner with you in your pursuit of sobriety. Don’t allow drugs or alcohol to rob you of another day of freedom. Call 866-580-4160 today for immediate assistance.