Shifting from childhood to adulthood can be confusing and stressful. There are many life changes and decisions to be made between the ages of 18 and 25. There are also many expectations and pressures on what a person should be accomplishing at this age. Due to these factors and more, young adults may fall victum to drug or alcohol abuse.
We designed our rehab for young adults with the unique needs of this age group in mind. Don’t hesitate to seek help if you or a loved one is interested in addiction treatment programs in Oregon.
Signs You May Need Rehab
Reaching adulthood can be a challenging transition, and sometimes the difficulties associated with this time in life can be exacerbated with substance misuse. Young adult rehab provides an opportunity to seek help for addiction and any other mental health issues that may arise during this period of life. With so much at stake, it’s important to recognize the signs you need young adult rehab as early as possible.
Signs you need rehab for young adults include:
- Multiple failed attempts at sobriety or risky behavior while using substances
- Mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders, or suicidal thoughts/behaviors
- Declining grades or dropping out of school
- Relationship problems with family or friends due to substance use
- Increasingly isolating yourself from peers and activities you used to enjoy
- Lack of motivation or interest in activities that used to be important to you
- Uncontrolled spending on drugs or alcohol, despite financial consequences
- Inability to keep up with daily responsibilities
If you or a loved one exhibits one or more of these signs, seek professional help immediately. With our treatment programs, we can help you break the cycle of addiction.
What To Expect During Rehab for Young Adults
Young adult rehabilitation centers provide an important service to young adults struggling with addiction and mental health issues. At these facilities, young adults can expect to find a supportive, therapeutic environment that offers treatment for a wide range of conditions.
Treatment plans are typically tailored to address the individual needs of each person and may include:
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Medication management
- Peer support groups
- Holistic therapies
In addition to providing comprehensive physical and mental health services, young adult rehab centers also offer educational and vocational opportunities that promote independent living. This may include job training or resources that will help young adults transition into college or the workforce.