While our partial hospitalization program has proven to be beneficial for individuals seeking treatment, Crestview Recovery realizes that this may not be a realistic option for some. Employment and family obligations might create inflexible schedules, making it impossible to stay away from home for treatment. However, lacking flexibility shouldn’t impact you or your loved one’s ability to seek recovery. That’s why we offer a high-quality intensive outpatient program for substance abuse.
As of 2018, nearly half of all substance abuse treatment facilities offered an intensive outpatient program.
If you need a more intensive level of service than usual outpatient treatment, IOP could be right for you.
Partial Hospitalization vs. Intensive Outpatient Program
With PHP treatment at Crestview Recovery, patients stay in a sober home for up to 90 days as they attend individual and group therapy, learn effective coping strategies and focus on holistic recovery. However, because patients aren’t able to go to their homes in the evening, it requires a greater time commitment. You’ll be away from your job and family during the treatment process.
However, some patients don’t have the option to leave their workplace for an extended period. If they do, they may well no longer have a job. Similarly, the needs of your family don’t pause even if you need to attend a drug treatment program. As any student knows, leaving your classes for up to 90 days means you’ll end up too far behind to make up your work. Losing the time would set many students back on their educational schedule causing significant future conflict and confusion. Often, childcare or eldercare will be too much of a burden on patients if they have to step away from their household responsibilities for the typical three months rehab takes.
No one should be penalized for wanting to get treatment for the disease of addiction. Therefore, we designed our intensive outpatient program in Portland to provide an alternative means of receiving help without sacrificing quality. Our IOP is comprehensive in the service it offers.
Like all rehab treatment programs, we strive to help patients to:
Foster behavioral changes that support abstinence and a new lifestyle
Facilitate active participation in community-based support systems like 12 Step Recovery
Identify and address psychosocial problems such as housing, employment, or probation
Assist clients in developing a positive support network
Improve problem-solving and coping skills
Our intensive outpatient program, or IOP, still offers the same therapeutic benefits, allowing patients to still receive treatment as they tend to their everyday lives.
Therapies Offered as Part of an Intensive Outpatient Program
At Crestview Recovery, our therapists are well-versed in many different therapeutic modalities. We combine evidence-based and experiential therapies to ensure patients get the most out of their intensive outpatient treatment.
Our addiction treatment programs in Portland include the following therapies:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This form of talk therapy is conducted one-on-one with your therapist. Recognizing a patient’s preconceptions, bias, and assumptions can affect their actions, this therapy examines how an individual’s negative thinking can be turned into positive thinking.
- Dual diagnosis treatment – When patients have an underlying mental health issue, which is common, such as depression or anxiety disorder, this can be the cause of their addiction or at least a trigger. Therefore, to avoid relapse once patients leave treatment it is necessary to treat both the addiction and the underlying mental health disorder simultaneously. This condition is called a co-occurring disorder.
- Mindfulness meditation therapy – Mindfulness is the awareness of experiences, feelings, and thoughts as they occur. Meditation is the practice of calming the mind to enhance concentration. By combining the two, this therapy helps teach patients how to live in the moment instead of in the past or obsessing over the future. Doing so fosters the habit of avoiding harmful thought patterns.
- Art therapy – While seemingly a simple form of therapy, using art to express, represent, and explore one’s emotions, past, thoughts, hopes, and dreams can have a visceral, positive effect on patients. In a safe environment, patients are able to build their confidence while discovering new aspects of themselves they may not have known existed.
These therapies alongside several others give patients the tools and resources they need to heal. Because no one’s path to recovery is the same, the more options presented to patients equates to more opportunities to heal from addiction.
I can’t speak highly enough about Crestview. I am helping my brother navigate his road to recovery from a horrible addiction to alcoholism. He has been in and out of various levels of treatment facilities for about five years but what makes Crestview so special is that his care team truly cares about him and communicates with me when I have concerns or questions. It is quite rare to have the unending support of educated and compassionate people that I can talk to and troubleshoot issues with. They communicate better than any facility that my brother has been to over the last five years and they do so with incredible empathy. They have become my second family. I thank them from the bottom of my heart. I recommend Crestview Recovery for struggling addicts that want to feel that their lives truly matter because they do!
Using Your Health Insurance to Pay for Intensive Outpatient Treatment
While insurance policies and plans vary, the Affordable Care Act ensures that individuals seeking addiction treatment qualify for at least partial coverage. The medical field identifies addiction is a legitimate mental illness and, in most cases, a pre-existing condition. For those reasons, health insurance companies can’t deny you or a loved one coverage for the addiction treatment you desperately need.
Nearly 50 million Americans used illicit drugs in 2018.
Find the right treatment for you with Crestview Recovery and overcome your substance use disorder today.
Outpatient Drug Treatment in Portland
Our intensive outpatient program isn’t the end of a patient’s journey to recovery. Instead, it is one more stage towards achieving lasting sobriety. There are some benchmarks patients can look towards to determine if they are ready for outpatient treatment or aftercare. For instance, a patient may be ready for the next stage of recovery if they:
- Have sustained abstinence from substances for 30 days or longer
- Completed the goals set with their counselor or therapist
- Created and actively sought to implement a relapse prevention plan
- Found and regularly participated in a support group or community
- Developed a sober support network encouraging positive habits and discouraging former negative triggers
- Found housing that is drugs and alcohol-free
A patient is ready for the next stage of their life in sobriety when they can look at these steps and answer confidently and positively.
Embrace Sobriety and Change at Crestview Recovery
For those struggling with a drug or alcohol addiction, Crestview Recovery provides hope. With compassionate staff and experienced counselors and therapists, our goal is supporting clients as they return to good health. Substance use disorder affects not just the individual but their friends, family, and loved ones. Recovery means building up a support system as well as gradually strengthening one’s resolve. As this happens in our intensive outpatient program, clients discover they’re stronger than addiction. Also, they have within themselves the power to take their life back from addiction.