Not everyone takes the same path to addiction recovery. People have varying situations and circumstances, which is why Crestview Recovery offers multiple levels of care. While an inpatient drug rehab program certainly has many benefits, it may not be a viable option for some patients. Our outpatient drug rehab center in Portland provides flexibility without sacrificing quality addiction treatment.
What Is An Outpatient Drug Rehab Center?
An outpatient drug rehab center is a rehab program where your treatment sessions occur at specific times throughout the week. However, you don’t live at the facility, like you would in an inpatient program. Instead, you can go home, go to work, or go to school when you’re not in therapy.
Who Needs An Outpatient Drug Rehab Center
An outpatient drug rehab center is ideal for the person who has only a mild addiction. According to medical professionals, there are 11 symptoms of people who struggle with substance abuse. A person who has six or more of these symptoms has a severe addiction, while a person who has a moderate addiction will have four or five of these issues. However, if you only have two or three, your drug or alcohol abuse is mild, which means that an outpatient drug rehab center can help you.
The criteria that medical professionals use to diagnosis the severity of your addiction are as follows:
- When you don’t use the drug or alcohol, you get withdrawal symptoms, which only go away after you use the substance again.
- You have cravings for the drug or alcohol
- You have developed a tolerance for the drug or alcohol, which means that you need more of the substance to get the same effect.
- Though the drug or alcohol makes a physical or mental disorder worse, you continue to use it.
- You spend a significant amount of your time getting, using, or recovering from your drug or alcohol use.
- You keep using the substance, even though it puts you in danger.
- You want to cut down on using drugs or alcohol, but you haven’t been able to.
- You have given up recreational, professional, and social activities in order to drink or use drugs
- You end up taking more drugs or alcohol than you intended to, or you use it for longer than you meant to.
- You continue to use drugs or alcohol, even though it has caused relationship problems.
- You haven’t been able to complete your responsibilities at home, work, or school due to your drug or alcohol use.
Inpatient Vs. Outpatient Drug Rehab Center Offerings
Inpatient programs require clients to stay on campus 24/7 for up to 90 days as they receive individual and group therapy. While this is a tremendous opportunity for patients to get away and focus on recovery, outside obligations like work or family can make it difficult to attend inpatient treatment. People unable to get away can still benefit from the same therapeutic models in outpatient treatment and go home at night.
At Crestview Recovery, our outpatient drug rehab center in Portland provides greater flexibility with varying degrees of treatment. We create an individualized plan based on your needs to ensure we meet you where you are in recovery. For instance, while a standard outpatient program may work for some, others may need an intensive outpatient program or a partial hospitalization program.
Get Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Dual diagnosis treatment is an option for people who struggle with both addiction and other mental health problems. Mental health problems and addiction often go hand in hand. For example, a person may use prescription pain medications to overcome their depression. Alternatively, maybe their meth use has led to an anxiety disorder. If this is the case, dual diagnosis treatment is imperative.
If you do not treat both the addiction and the mental disorder, the untreated problem may cause you to relapse. If you’re using drugs or alcohol to self-medicate your depression, when you stop using them, those symptoms come back full-force. Alternatively, if your addiction goes untreated, it can cause other mental problems, and make the existing ones worse.
With dual diagnosis treatment, we treat both the mental disorder and addiction simultaneously. We’ll give you the tools to handle your mental disorder, and the coping mechanisms to overcome your addiction.
Advantages of Trauma Informed Treatment
For some people, their past is overwhelming. They may have struggled with someone abusing them, they may have been in a bad car accident, or they may be battling experiences in war. If this is the case, their alcohol or drug use may be rooted in that trauma. Using trauma-informed therapy, we can help you overcome the past that is haunting you.
Some of the benefits of trauma-informed therapy include:
Learning what trauma is, and understanding that you are safe
Identifying triggers that make the past come back and make you feel like you need to drink or use drugs
Working on coping mechanisms that can help you overcome those triggers
Reducing your PTSD symptoms
Processing your trauma in a healthy way
Your trauma shouldn’t have to define you or your decisions. Getting trauma-informed therapy means that you’re making the decision to defeat your past.
Different Therapies Enhance the Outpatient Rehab Treatment Experience
Therapists at Crestview Recovery offers various therapies to promote holistic healing. We combine evidence-based modalities with alternative approaches to ensure clients get the most out of treatment.
Elements of our addiction treatment programs include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): Cognitive behavioral therapy helps you evaluate your decision-making skills. You will be able to identify your negative thought processes and behaviors and replace them with healthy coping mechanisms and thought processes.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy: An offshoot of CBT, dialectical behavioral therapy will allow you to accept yourself. You’ll learn how your decisions affect you and the people around you.
- Mindfulness training: Mindfulness is more than paying attention. You can focus on the present and enjoy where you are, instead of regretting the past or worrying about the future.
- Somatic experiencing: We use somatic experiencing to help you overcome your trauma. This process allows you to “reset” your nervous system and come to terms with your past.
- Art therapy: Sometimes, words aren’t enough. Through art therapy, you can use drawing, painting, and other art forms to express how you’re feeling.
Using Health Insurance at Our Outpatient Drug Rehab Center in Portland
The Affordable Care Act requires insurance companies to cover at least a portion of your addiction treatment. The medical field has classified addiction as a legitimate, chronic mental illness. Crestview Recovery can work with you or your loved one to verify insurance coverage.
Get Help at Crestview Recovery
It’s never too late to get the treatment you need. Maybe all you need is a little bit of help to get you back on track. If that’s the case, our outpatient drug rehab center may be the right place for you. We treat a variety of addictions, including: