Substance use disorder, that is, addiction, is an ongoing public health concern in the United States. In recent years, increased heroin use and overdoses have lead to a spike in deaths. For this reason, it’s vital that if you or a loved one is struggling with heroin addiction to seek out treatment. Someone in the throes of heroin addiction may think they’re alone or that breaking free of addiction is impossible. But it’s not. At our heroin rehab center near Eugene, Crestview Recovery’s compassionate staff and experienced experts provide comprehensive treatment. Regardless of how severe your addiction is, we can help you stop using heroin for good.
The Effects of Heroin on the Body
Unlike many drugs, heroin can create a dependency with just one use. How is it that heroin is so addictive? As an opioid, heroin binds to neurotransmitters in the brain. These are responsible for the release and regulation of chemicals that allow us to experience pleasure like dopamine or endorphins. Heroin is so potent that it immediately targets these receptors causing a massive but temporary release of these chemicals throughout the body. This is the ‘high’ users experience. However, heroin has a kind of sedative effect, causing the brain to reduce the amount of dopamine and endorphins it naturally produces. Thus, the body becomes dependent upon heroin to provide these chemicals.
Individuals addicted to heroin don’t just use the drug for the ‘high.’ Although, that is certainly a reason. They continue to use the drug because their brain chemistry has been rewired, and they physically need the drug to function. IN this way, addiction is a disease. Our heroin rehab center near Eugene understands this. Our staff want to get you or your loved one back to good health as soon as possible. Heroin withdrawal symptoms can be severe. Some common symptoms include:
- Anxiety and restlessness
- Fatigue and drowsiness
- Vomiting and sickness
- Intense cravings
With help, individuals can make it through withdrawal in a safe, secure environment. This allows them to focus on treatment.
Heroin Rehab Center Treatment Programs
At Crestview Recovery, we offer a wide range of treatment programs to accommodate the unique needs of each client. Some of our most effective treatments include:
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment: Often, when clients arrive, they are suffering from an underlying mental health issue causing their substance use disorder. This may be depression, anxiety disorder, or PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). Many times, they are not even aware they have an issue. However, for recovery to be meaningful, both conditions need to be treated simultaneously. This is what dual diagnosis treatment addresses.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): This treatment program allows clients to receive the therapy they need but centered around their schedule. While they fulfill their work, school, or family commitments, they also receive the same high-quality treatment as in other programs but in a concentrated format.
- Family Therapy Program: Sometimes, issues of addiction require working with and resolving issues with family members. The scope of family therapy is broad. It can involve spouses working with each other, adult children and their parents, parents to their young children, and issues among siblings.
Also, our heroin rehab center professionals may decide medication is the best form of treatment. Several medications treat heroin addiction, including:
- Methadone: This relieves withdrawal symptoms and serves as a long-term maintenance medication.
- Buprenorphine: Intended to shorten detox and frequently combined with other medications to reduce or avoid dependency.
- Clonidine: Helps clients manage the physical symptoms of heroin withdrawal.
- Naltrexone: A relapse prevention medication helping individuals break their physical addiction.
Heroin addiction can be crippling. Thus, it is vital to seek out treatment. If you or a loved one struggles with heroin use, now is the time to reach out. Crestview Recovery’s heroin rehab center offer not just the best treatment you can find near Eugene, but also a variety of therapeutic options. Some of our therapies include:
- Trauma Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Group and 12 Step Recovery
We believe anyone can overcome heroin addiction with support. This is why we’re here for you and your loved one. So contact us today at 866.262.0531 to learn more and begin your healing recovery.