Drug addiction is a serious mental health illness that requires a unique approach to successfully treat the addiction and its underlying causes. An accredited drug rehab program uses evidence-based therapy techniques and medication to minimize withdrawal symptoms. In fact, drug rehab programs are the safest way to get through the painful and sometimes deadly withdrawal symptoms of drug addiction.
At Crestview Recovery, we support men and women 18 and over who are struggling with addiction to cocaine, prescription opioids, or other substances. Our treatment programs aid clients through every step of the recovery process, from drug detox to residential and outpatient treatment programs. We tailor our treatment to each client’s unique symptoms and background. By doing so, we can create an effective program that addresses all aspects of the addiction. To learn more about our drug rehab programs and how they can benefit your recovery, call 866.262.0531 today to speak with one of our friendly staff today.
Why Do You Need a Drug Rehab Program?
Drug dependence and addiction can cause serious withdrawal symptoms when you stop abusing drugs. For some individuals, addiction can form just after one use. Others will develop a physical dependence on the drug over time that can cause painful withdrawal symptoms when they stop. Treating addiction involves focusing on the physical side of addiction along with the mental cravings and desires that it creates.
If you are concerned that a friend or loved one is abusing meth, heroin, or other drugs, here are some of the common signs of drug abuse:
- Finding drug paraphernalia around the home or prescription pills from multiple doctors or for different people
- Behavioral changes can include becoming easily agitated, acting irritable, or having angry or violent outbursts
- Strange bruising on arms and legs or needle marks in between fingers and toes
- Disregarding their personal hygiene
- Tooth and-or gum disease
At Crestview Recovery, we take a personalized approach to treating drug addiction through our drug rehab program. Clients work with a certified behavioral therapist to develop healthy coping skills while participating in group and private therapy sessions.
Finding a Drug Rehab Program in Portland, OR
Deciding to find a drug rehab program is an important choice to make when the addiction begins to interfere with work or personal responsibilities. Those who don’t seek help put themselves at unnecessary risk of relapse when withdrawal symptoms peak around 48–72 hours.
Here is what you can expect from a drug rehab program in Portland, OR:
- Behavioral therapists will build a close connection with each client. This will help them open up and talk about the issues that led to the addiction. They provide a safe space to practice coping and communication skills with their peers while discovering the power within them to make positive changes.
- Medication-assisted treatment is very beneficial in reducing addiction withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Medical staff will administer the medications and make any adjustments necessary to avoid any negative side effects. By the end of the program, most clients will be able to stop taking the medication as they learn how to manage their symptoms.
- Holistic therapy programs like art therapy, music/dance therapy, and mindfulness techniques are gaining in popularity for treating addiction and other mental health disorders. These and other programs are very effective in helping clients find their inner calm. It will also introduce them to fun activities and hobbies that promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Another benefit of a drug rehab program is family therapy. Parents, spouses, and children will have a chance to talk with a therapist about any frustrations or anger they have in a judgment-free space. They will learn all about addiction and how they can become an important part of the recovery experience.
Finding a drug rehab center to treat addiction can greatly reduce the risk of developing life-threatening illnesses, brain damage, and other serious medical conditions.
Start Recovery at a Drug Rehab Center at Crestview Recovery
At Crestview Recovery, we work with individuals who are ready to make positive life changes and lead a sober life. Our drug rehab center offers a wide range of treatment programs that include:
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Dual diagnosis treatment program
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, call 866.262.0531 or send us a message online today to discover all of the benefits of our addiction treatment facility.