Portland continues to see climbing addiction rates that are higher than the national average. The last few years have left a lot of men and women struggling with depression and other mental health issues. Consequently, many have turned to drugs and alcohol in order to cope. They then end up with an addiction that requires substance abuse treatment in Portland. Those who try to recover alone will experience painful and sometimes dangerous withdrawal symptoms and cravings. This, in turn, can lead to a relapse. Fortunately, substance abuse treatment in Portland, Oregon is available for men and women ready for a real change.
Crestview Recovery helps men and women aged 18 years and older who are struggling with a substance use disorder. We take the time to understand each client’s unique symptoms in order to form a comprehensive treatment plan. This carefully designed plan includes behavioral therapies and medication-assisted treatment to reduce withdrawals and cravings. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, call 866.262.0531 today to begin effective and compassionate recovery through our substance abuse treatment in Portland, Oregon.
Why You Need Substance Abuse Treatment in Portland
Addiction creates a physical change in your brain chemistry that can lead to dependence on drugs or alcohol. With continual use, your brain begins to shut down the normal production of dopamine, a neurotransmitter responsible for happiness, memory retention, and other vital functions. When you stop abusing, your body does not immediately return to normal. Instead, you will begin to go into withdrawals that can begin as soon as a few hours from your last dose and last several weeks.
Common withdrawal symptoms can include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle pain
- Changes in mood
Depending on the length of abuse and severity of the addiction, the severity of these symptoms will vary. Some clients can experience severe withdrawal symptoms, such as:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Collapsed veins (intravenous use)
- Delirium tremens (alcohol withdrawal)
Men and women who try to quit without a substance abuse treatment program put themselves at a greater risk of relapse and overdose if they don’t consider their lowered tolerances. At Crestview Recovery, we can help you get through your withdrawal symptoms safely through our substance abuse treatment center in Portland.
What to Expect From a Substance Abuse Treatment Center in Portland
Each person’s experience with drugs and alcohol is different, and so is their treatment. An effective substance abuse treatment program considers the client’s unique background and symptoms to create a custom treatment plan. Here are some things you can expect from a substance abuse treatment center in Portland:
- Therapists and medical staff will evaluate your condition and severity of addiction. Then, they’ll create a well-rounded addiction treatment program that includes behavioral and holistic therapies and medication-assisted treatment.
- Clients will participate in group and individual therapies to help them better understand their addiction. Then, they’ll learn how to replace their negative thoughts and behaviors with positive coping skills.
- Men and women will develop their skills working with their peers while therapists monitor their interactions. They will note any concerning behavior and then discuss it during one-on-one therapy.
- Clients will also participate in family therapy with parents, siblings, and loved ones to mend broken relationships and rebuild trust.
- Men and women build healthy friendships with their peers who are going through the same struggles. These relationships will then become a part of a strong support network that continues to offer support for your sober journey.
Join Crestview Recovery for Our Effective Substance Abuse Treatment in Portland, Oregon
At Crestview Recovery, we help men and women 18 and over struggling with addiction and other mental health disorders through our substance abuse treatment in Portland, Oregon. Our certified therapists and medical staff work together to form an effective treatment plan that includes everything you need to turn your life around.
It’s time to get your life back. Call 866.262.0531 today to speak with our caring staff about starting your addiction recovery if you’re ready to get on the road to recovery.