What is motivational enhancement therapy (MET)? It’s a therapeutic program that increases a person’s motivation to make positive life changes. Specifically for men and women who have an addiction to alcohol, marijuana, and other mental health disorders. It’s a form of behavioral therapy that has proven to be effective in treating addiction to multiple substances. Motivational enhancement therapy is essential for men and women whose motivation to change is lacking but there is still a desire to quit.
At Crestview Recovery, we help men and women 18 and over who are struggling with addiction and are ready to make a positive change. Our team understands how wanting to quit drugs or alcohol and the desire to do so are two separate things. MET bridges this gap and helps clients find their power to elicit real change. For more information about our motivational enhancement therapy, call 866.262.0531 or fill out our online form today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
What is Motivational Enhancement Therapy?
What is MET? It’s a short-term treatment program where behavioral therapists help clients find their personal motivation and inspire them to take action. While each person is different in how they progress through their treatment program, most clients are able to complete MET within 4–6 sessions.
Therapists and clients meet in private to discuss their goals and the motivation behind wanting to make those changes. They then guide clients toward finding the right motivation to elicit change to reach their recovery goals. MET for mental health treatment has proven to be very effective in treating:
- Addiction to alcohol, marijuana, or nicotine
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Eating disorders
At Crestview Recovery, we help motivate our clients toward reaching and maintaining their recovery goals using motivational enhancement therapy and other behavioral therapies. We go over every step of your treatment program and answer any questions you have, including what is MET and how it can benefit your recovery.
The Benefits of MET for Mental Health Treatment
There are several benefits of enrolling in a MET program in Portland. In fact, clients rediscover their motivation for a healthy life while developing positive coping skills to manage symptoms and reduce triggers. Here are some additional benefits of motivational enhancement therapy:
- Finding motivation – Therapists work directly with clients in private therapy sessions to find what motivates them. This can take several sessions to find the right inspiration.
- Building confidence – Clients learn to trust in their power to make changes and discover their own motivation to improve their lives. They can practice coping skills to build their confidence with their peers in group therapy.
- Improving communication skills – In addition, clients will develop healthy communication skills and learn that it’s OK to talk about their feelings. They will role-play with their peers in various scenarios under close supervision by therapists.
- Lifelong, sustainable recovery – Clients find their motivation to reach their goals and maintain their sobriety for life. For those more difficult days, they have access to aftercare programs for continual support for their recovery journey.
The benefits of MET are boundless and will help you begin your journey toward addiction recovery. Learn more about how it can change your life or that of a loved one.
Choose Crestview Recovery for Our Motivational Enhancement Therapy for Addiction Recovery
What is motivational enhancement therapy, and how can it benefit your recovery? Our team will go over these questions and more when you arrive at our treatment facility. Our behavioral therapists provide compassionate support through group and individual therapy sessions where clients will participate in various behavioral therapies, such as:
- Motivational enhancement therapy (MET)
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (CBT)
- Family therapy
- Trauma therapy
- Holistic therapy
Today is the best day to make a positive change and stop letting addiction control your life. Call 866.262.0531 today to speak with our friendly staff to find your inspiration for real change.