You’ve been thinking about seeking help for a drug or alcohol problem. However, there are multiple drug and alcohol treatment centers in Oregon. Which one’s right for you? It’s important to know what you’re looking for in a drug rehab center and what every facility has to offer you before you commit.
Understanding the Disease Model of Addiction
When you want quality rehab, work with one of the drug and alcohol treatment centers in Oregon where therapists realize that addiction is a chronic disease. As such, there’s no cure. What treatment specialists need to focus on is relapse prevention training. This should follow a hands-on approach to healing.
Individual and Group Therapy Availability is a Vital Aspect of Recovery
Within therapeutic models, individual and group therapy sessions are integral to treating addiction. The one-on-one setting is ideally suited for people with a dual diagnosis who are dealing with mental health problems. Because anxiety or depression can affect drug abuse, both conditions require concurrent care. In an individual session, the expert meets you where you’re at and helps you set goals for personal growth.
In group sessions, you learn how to connect with others and empathize. During interactions with peers, you listen, contribute advice, and also receive positive feedback and encouragement to keep going. For many, this is a new experience.
Treatment Specialists at the Best Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in Oregon Customize Your Care
What does customization look like? It starts with the treatment delivery method. If you’re struggling with a severe addiction, a residential stay at a rehab facility is a good option. For a more moderate condition, you might consider a partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient program. A therapist can help you decide which option would work best for you.
However, customization also affects the treatment regimen. Examples of possible modalities include:
- Family therapy that encourages you to connect with loved ones and re-establishes healthy communication patterns
- Life skills rehab that addresses daily activities with which to fill your time after rehab
- Mindfulness meditation therapy that encourages you to live in the here and now rather than fall victim to worries
- 12 Step program participation, which adds accountability to the mix
- Psychotherapy approaches that help to identify and change dysfunction in thoughts, emotions, and actions
- Gender-specific groups that meet to nurture, challenge, and build on your inborn strengths
- Trauma treatment for program participants with unresolved situations from the past that still affect them
Another aspect of customization involves extended care. Some people make it through rehab in a short 30 days. However, others may take a little longer to heal. This option should be available to you just in case.
Interview Your Local Therapy Provider Today
Few Pacific Northwest rehab centers meet all of these requirements. However, among drug and alcohol treatment centers in Oregon, Crestview Recovery stands out as an excellent option. When you pursue treatment with us, caring therapists work with you to overcome substance abuse and regain sobriety. Call 866.262.0531 today to set up an intake interview.