Cognitive-behavioral therapy for mental health treatment is one of the best forms of behavioral therapy for treating depression, substance abuse, PTSD, and other disorders. It gives clients the skills and confidence they need to manage their symptoms and lead their best lives. It’s backed by years of research and clinical practice that have proven its effectiveness. Cognitive-behavioral therapy, or CBT, is very beneficial for men and women whose symptoms are interfering with their daily lives.
At Crestview Recovery, we support men and women 18 and over from all walks of life who are struggling with addiction, social anxiety, or other mental health disorders. When you first arrive at our private facility, our team will complete a full assessment to determine the right treatment program that addresses your unique symptoms. We focus on a holistic approach to treating mental health and offer medication to reduce severe withdrawal or depression symptoms. To learn more about our cognitive-behavioral therapy program, call 866.262.0531 or fill out our online form today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
How Does Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Mental Health Treatment Work?
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is a form of psychotherapy where therapists work one-on-one with clients using proven techniques to manage their symptoms and improve their self-esteem. They guide clients toward recognizing distorted or negative thinking patterns and how to replace them with more positive thoughts. It also works by helping clients face their fears instead of hiding from them and learning how to calm racing thoughts through mindfulness techniques.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy for mental health treatment is beneficial in supporting clients with any number of mental health disorders, such as:
- Anxiety disorders
- Substance use disorder
- Eating disorders
- Marital problems
At Crestview Recovery, our behavioral therapists work one-on-one with clients to build trust and rapport with them. This helps create a trusting environment where real change can happen.
The Benefits of Using CBT for Mental Health Treatment
There are many benefits of using cognitive-behavioral therapy for mental health treatment for clients whose symptoms are disrupting their daily lives. It’s one of the most researched forms of therapy, with years of clinical practice confirming its effectiveness for treating multiple mental health disorders.
Here are just some of the benefits of using CBT for mental health treatment:
- Therapists work one-on-one with clients to teach them how to recognize their negative thoughts and stop them before they spin out of control. Clients learn healthy coping skills to manage their symptoms and reduce the number of triggering situations.
- CBT improves self-esteem and confidence as clients spend time practicing coping skills in group therapy. They also work on improving their communication skills through role-playing activities in a supervised setting.
- CBT helps clients develop relaxation techniques to cope with stressful situations and regulate emotions. They learn how simple breathing techniques to slow racing heart rates and improve their focus on their task.
- Clients learn how to control their thoughts. They’ll also discover how to stop the endless loop of negative thinking common with most mental health disorders. They learn to recognize triggering thoughts and develop coping skills to stop them from creating bad behavior.
Crestview Recovery Provides CBT and Other Behavioral Therapies for Treating Mental Health
At Crestview Recovery, our behavioral therapists work closely with each client to understand their issues and form a comprehensive treatment plan that addresses all of their needs. We go over everything you need to know about cognitive-behavioral therapy and mental health. That way, you are fully prepared for your treatment experience. We have a full range of treatment programs, including:
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Separate men’s and women’s program
- Telehealth services
- Aftercare program
Reach out to our friendly staff today by calling 866.262.0531 to discover all of the benefits of our mental health treatment programs.