Teenagers need a different approach when it comes to overcoming substance abuse disorders. If you’re looking for a young adult rehab program Portland Oregon families trust, Crestview Recovery is a good place to begin. It’s important to find a recovery center that can remove you or your teen from an unhealthy environment. Our facility is located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest and run by qualified professionals, including those who specialize in teen substance abuse therapies.
Best Rehabilitation Centers for Teens
Our Oregon youth rehab program surrounds clients with compassionate care and treatments that help them overcome addiction. Group therapy sessions and classes allow peers to interact and support one another. Crestview is close enough to the city to take advantage of available resources and close to nature for a serene setting.
Peer groups let young people exercise healthy social interactions. We maintain a positive culture where clients can learn from one another and celebrate their successes. Attending rehab centers for teens delivers more than clinical therapy sessions — participants learn how to change the way they think to promote positive ideations.
The best rehabilitation centers for teens include alternatives to standard one-on-one and group therapy. At Crestview Recovery, you receive evidence-based therapies designed to help teens’ decision-making and stress-management skills. Some of the programs are fun and relaxing, such as:
Why Do Teens Abuse Drugs?
Teens are built to take risks and are striving to find their own identity. Unfortunately, the journey of self-discovery has positive and negative consequences. The adolescent years are a prime time for both substance use and addiction.
Some of the most common reasons teens use drugs include:
- Peer pressure: Friends and acquaintances often have a positive effect on you. They can push you to try new things, such as sports and other clubs. Sometimes, friends also pressure one another to drink or use drugs
- Social acceptance: Everyone wants to fit in. Many teens may try drugs or alcohol to seek approval from others
- Curiosity: Sometimes, teens try illegal substances out of boredom or curiosity. The fact that drugs are illegal may pique teens’ natural curiosity even more
- Feelings of pleasure: Drugs and alcohol often trigger feelings of euphoria. This is the dangerous effect that often gets users hooked on a drug
- Athletic or academic factors: Stimulants can speed up processes in your central nervous system. Some students use drugs to boost their attention and raise their energy levels. In the short term, this might optimize sports outcomes or test results
There are numerous factors that may make some teens more susceptible to addiction. These include family, genetic, individual, and social risks. Having a family member who has used drugs can increase the odds that you will try them too. If you have a history of mental health disorders, such as attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), this also raises the chances that you may succumb to addiction.
Moreover, a history of emotional, sexual, or physical abuse also puts you at a higher risk of substance use and abuse. Your family situation also affects your decision to turn to drugs and alcohol, sometimes to avoid the pain of family life. Moving, changing schools, parental divorce, and other traumatic events can also trigger drug use.
Rehab Centers for Teens
If you want to find one of the best rehabilitation center for teens in the Pacific Northwest, look no further than Crestview. Explore the area’s beautiful scenery and mind your own serenity in our rehab center for teens. Call Crestview Recovery at 866.262.0531 to get help selecting the programs that can help you heal, and leave drug and alcohol use behind you.