It’s not easy making the decision to get treatment for substance abuse. Even if you have a strong desire to get well, the idea of rehab can make you feel anxious. You might wonder how bad withdrawal symptoms will be or how much a program costs. While there are different types of rehab programs, a drug rehab center can help you find the one that works best for you.
Benefits of a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
A partial hospitalization program requires you to spend a majority of your time at a drug rehab center. The amount of time differs, but many people spend anywhere from six to eight hours there each day. Each treatment center has its own amenities. Some facilities tout a luxurious atmosphere, while others boast about their seclusion and being close to nature.
One thing they all have in common is that clients spend a majority of their time there. A PHP drug rehab center has benefits, such as:
- Frequent supervision: The early stages of rehab can be very difficult. Even after they’ve gone through the withdrawal phase, people may have cravings for a long while. Having supervision during rehab not only prevents someone from easily relapsing, it also provides safety in case a person has medical needs relating to substance abuse.
- Support systems: A partial hospitalization program is full of people all trying to achieve the same goal—becoming sober. If someone has felt alone during his or her struggles with addiction, he or she will have people who understand her in a rehab facility.
- Substance-free environment: Outpatient rehab offers more freedom, and this has its good and bad points. One of the drawbacks of that freedom is that people can relapse more easily. A partial hospitalization program provides a substance-free environment, so no matter how strong someone’s cravings are, he or she won’t have access to drugs or alcohol.
Partial Hospitalization or Outpatient: Which Is Right for You?
How do you know which substance abuse rehabilitation program is best for you? In most cases, the facility you choose will guide you toward the right decision. Many people benefit greatly from a PHP, even if they eventually move into an outpatient program.
Let the qualified professionals at your chosen treatment center devise the best plan of action that leads to long-term sobriety.
A Brighter Future Is Waiting at Crestview Recovery Drug Rehab Center
At Crestview Recovery in Portland, Oregon, clients throughout the Pacific Northwest can get the treatment they need for drug and alcohol abuse. With few options for high-level care in this region, we’re the answer you’ve been looking for.
Our addiction treatment programs include:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program
We personalize treatments for each client because we understand that every person’s issues are unique. With a small client-to-staff ratio, you’ll receive the attentive care you need as you undergo treatment. Whether it’s meth, alcohol, or heroin, our skilled, compassionate professionals are able to treat addiction for a wide range of substances.
If you or a loved one is ready for a brighter future call us at 866.262.0531. We’ll work with you to overcome drug and alcohol addiction and regain control of your life.