Depression affects nearly every person at some point in their lives. While some people will experience mild symptoms that last a few days, others can experience severe depression that makes it impossible to get out of bed. A depression therapy program in Portland provides men and women with effective treatment using behavioral therapy and medical support in a safe and encouraging environment. Depression treatment is essential for men and women whose symptoms are causing a significant disruption in their work and personal lives.
At Crestview Recovery, we support men and women 18 and over who are struggling with depression, substance use, or other mental health disorders. Our treatment center next to Mt. Tabor park offers comfortable rooms and a dedicated staff that will do everything they can to help you reach your recovery goals. If you or a loved one is struggling with depression, call 866.262.0531 or fill out our online form today to speak with our compassionate staff about enrolling in our depression treatment program.
Finding a Therapist in Portland for Depression
The Pacific Northwest has some of the highest rates of depression in the country. In fact, Oregon consistently ranking as the state with the highest number of cases. Choosing a depression therapist in Portland to help reduce symptoms and lead a happy life is imperative if depression symptoms last more than a few weeks or are causing suicidal thoughts.
If you are concerned that a loved one is depressed, here are some signs of depression to look for:
- A loss of interest in doing favorite activities
- Using more drugs or alcohol to self-medicate
- Withdrawing from friends and family
- Sleeping too much and always being tired
- Cries for no reason
- Fantasizes death or suicide
At Crestview Recovery, we understand how dangerous depression can be. Therefore, we offer Portland residents a safe space to talk about their feelings and change the way they see themselves and the world around them.
What to Look for in a Depression Therapy Program in Portland
A depression therapist in Portland works with men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with depression. They understand how no two cases are alike. Therefore, they take the time to get to know each client to establish trust and a relationship to allow true healing to begin.
If you are considering enrolling in a depression therapy program in Portland, here is what you should look for in a treatment center:
- It offers a full range of therapy options. These include behavioral and holistic therapies and medication-assisted treatment to help reduce symptoms while you focus on your recovery.
- Can provide residential, outpatient, and telehealth options to treat your depression in a variety of ways.
- Offers private therapy to talk about your feelings and what caused the depression. You will develop healthy coping skills to manage your symptoms and gain a healthy outlook on life.
- Provides group therapy where you can get new perspectives from your peers on how depression affects them and what coping skills work best for them. Group therapy also gives you a chance to practice coping skills and bond with your peers.
- Lastly, choose a treatment center that includes family therapy with your treatment program. This helps everyone in the family lead healthier lives.
Crestview Recovery Offers Compassionate and Effective Depression Treatment in Portland
At Crestview Recovery, we support men and women 18 and over whose depression symptoms are negatively impacting their lives. Our depression therapy program in Portland is available through inpatient and outpatient options. Which program to choose depends on the severity of your symptoms and any corresponding addiction or other conditions.
If depression is interfering with your happiness and well-being, today is the day to make a positive change. Reach out to our compassionate staff at 866.262.0531 to see how we can help turn your life around.
Since 2016, Dr. Merle Williamson, a graduate of Oregon Health Sciences University, has been the Medical Director at Crestview Recovery, bringing a rich background in addiction medicine from his time at Hazelden Treatment Center. He oversees outpatient drug and alcohol treatments, providing medical care, setting policies, detox protocols, and quality assurance measures. Before specializing in addiction medicine, he spent 25 years in anesthesiology, serving as Chair of Hospital Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and Chief of Anesthesia at Kaiser Permanente. This experience gives him a unique perspective on treating prescription drug addiction.