A partial hospitalization program is a type of treatment program that helps individuals through the complexities of addiction recovery. How does PHP work? It helps clients with the transition from recovery back into their everyday lives and greatly reduces the risk of relapse. PHP is essential for those with a serious addiction that requires several months of inpatient therapy to feel confident in maintaining their sobriety.
At Crestview Recovery, our team has years of experience working with Oregonians who are struggling with an addiction to alcohol, heroin, cocaine, or other dangerous substances. There is no “cure” for addiction. However, there are several treatment programs and therapies that can reduce addictive symptoms and teach clients healthy coping skills. The skills they learn will help them maintain their sobriety and mental well-being no matter what life has in store for them. To stop letting addiction control your life, call 866.262.0531 today for more information about our partial hospitalization program and other treatment options.
How Does PHP Work?
What is a PHP, and how can it benefit your physical and mental health? A partial hospitalization program, or PHP, is an outpatient option for individuals who are working on their recovery from substance use disorder, major depressive disorder, anxiety disorders, or co-occurring conditions. It works in combination with other treatment programs that support the gradual recovery process that is essential for long-lasting sobriety.
After clients complete an inpatient or residential program, they will continue the recovery process through a partial hospitalization program. It allows for a gradual step-down in the number of hours spent in therapy as they begin spending more time out of recovery. This is a very critical time in the recovery process where relapse rates are extremely high. Those who continue through all stages of their recovery will have an easier time resisting cravings and temptations. As a result, they’ll feel more confident in maintaining their sobriety. To qualify for PHP, individuals must:
- Complete a residential treatment program
- Are able to abstain from drugs or alcohol in a less restrictive environment
- Have a stable home or access to a sober living community
- Have a strong desire to continue therapy and maintain lifelong sobriety.
How does PHP work? At Crestview Recovery, we will discuss your treatment program with you in great detail, so you can be fully prepared for your recovery experience. Our goal is to see you succeed in your recovery efforts. Moreover, we will be by your side every step of the way.
The Benefits of a Partial Hospitalization Program
There are many benefits of PHP for those who continue with their recovery program and want to lead a healthy and sober life. Those who continue to abuse drugs or alcohol will experience severe physical and psychological damage that will greatly reduce their quality and length of life.
Here are just a few of the benefits of a partial hospitalization program:
- A better understanding of addiction and what it does to your body and mind.
- It uncovers the root cause of the addiction. It also teaches you how to process those feelings instead of hiding from them.
- Learn how your negative thoughts or past experiences are dictating your current behaviors.
- Receive medication to ease withdrawals, cravings, and other disruptive symptoms.
- Develop coping skills to manage your symptoms and various triggers.
- Learn healthy life skills that promote better nutrition, a calmer state of mind, and lifelong sobriety.
- Develop new relationships with your peers who are going through the same journey.
- Repair trust and broken relationships between parents, siblings, spouses, and children.
Addiction is a lifelong illness that is treatable through a combination of behavioral and holistic therapies and medication-assisted treatment. It teaches clients supportive life skills that allow them to successfully manage their symptoms and prevent future temptations from causing a relapse.
Find a Partial Hospitalization Program at Crestview Recovery in Portland
We are a full-service addiction treatment facility. Moreover, we have programs available to treat all levels of addiction, no matter how severe the condition. Our programs are unique to the person and their individual symptoms and the cause behind the abuse. They work with a certified therapist in group and private therapy sessions. There are two objections. One, to develop a better understanding of their condition. Two, to learn new coping skills for managing symptoms.
To discover all of the benefits of PHP and other treatment programs, call 866.262.0531 today to speak with a knowledgeable team member about enrolling in our discreet treatment facility.