Detoxification is the first step on the road to recovery. While the majority of detox centers offer many of the same amenities, you have a variety of options. How do you know which facility is the right one for you?
The Best Detox Centers Offer Two Specific Services
The first one has to do with medical supervision. This practice refers to a constant monitoring of your vitals and well-being as you withdraw from a drug. Physicians, nurses, and medical technicians proactively protect you against withdrawal symptoms and pain. The goal is for you to withdraw safely and pain-free.
The second service involves medication-assisted withdrawal. For some substances, there are prescription medications that can ease withdrawal symptoms tremendously, making the process of getting sober easier.
After Detox Comes Rehab
Of course, detox is only the beginning of your drug addiction recovery. The next step is rehab, which breaks the psychological dependence. At a rehab facility, experts build on the progress they made at detox with modalities such as:
- Gender-specific therapeutic settings, which help you to open up about sensitive topics
- One-on-one talk therapy during which you explore cognitive behavioral therapy and similar evidence-based treatments
- Group therapy sessions that build self-esteem and confidence by having you interact directly with others who are also in recovery
- Family therapy, when you can bring in your loved ones, rebuild trust, work on communication, and build your support system
- 12 Step programs that are a good option for many in recovery who need accountability and do well in group settings
- Life skills training that prepares you for how to live a sober life and go about a typical day without using
- Trauma therapy that works through events of the past that have control over your life choices in the present
How to Find a Good Fit When Looking at Detox Centers
Getting personal recommendations is always possible. After all, not too many people openly discuss their drug abuse problems. They typically also don’t share information about great centers — although they might warn you away from ineffective ones. The internet is a good option, but it only gives you cursory information about the things the center does.
It makes more sense to discuss checking into a detox facility with experts in the field. Case in point is the rehab facility you will work with to overcome the cravings and psychological addiction. Usually, these recovery centers don’t handle detox on site but instead refer their clients to excellent facilities. Doing so is also advantageous because it lets you undergo a seamless transition from detox to rehab.
You don’t have to worry about interviewing detox centers. When you’re ready to end the vicious cycle of drug abuse, the friendly therapists at Crestview Recovery are here to help. We work closely with an excellent detoxification facility that helps you get ready for rehab. Find out more today by calling 866.262.0531.