Addiction rates continue to climb across the U.S. as men and women try to cope with the uncertain nature of our current climate. Unfortunately, women are just as likely to use drugs and alcohol to manage their symptoms as men. Often, they think substances will help them deal with their issues. Unfortunately, women are only worsening their mental health in the process.
There are many benefits of a women’s rehab program for women struggling to maintain their work and family commitments due to their growing addiction. A women’s rehab center in Portland is essential for women looking for a gender-specific addiction treatment program.
At Crestview Recovery, our women’s drug rehab center in Portland provides compassionate and discreet care for women. We provide residential and outpatient treatment programs that utilize evidence-based therapies in a safe and male-free environment. This gives women a better recovery experience if their addiction is related to issues with men in their professional or personal lives. To begin your addiction recovery in a women’s rehab program in Portland, call 866.262.0531 today to speak with our friendly staff.
Why Should Women Choose a Woman’s Rehab Program?
There are many benefits of a women’s rehab center. Women tend to internalize their thoughts and emotions more than men and will avoid asking for help. They are natural caregivers and will hide their pain to continue their work and family commitments.
Some common issues that women face that can lead to a worsening mental health condition include:
- Physical or emotional abuse from a spouse or loved one: Women are more likely to experience physical or emotional abuse than men.
- Addiction in a child or spouse: Women are prone to depression and anxiety due to the stress of caring for an addicted family member.
- Body image issues: Women often have feelings of guilt or shame around their bodies, leading to a negative self-image.
- Affairs: Women are often more likely to feel guilt and shame after having an affair than men.
- Postpartum depression: New mothers are especially vulnerable to depression and anxiety due to the physical and emotional stress of childbirth.
- Relationships with men at work: Women in the workplace often feel that they are not being taken seriously, or that their opinions and contributions don’t matter.
- Financial stress: Women, especially single mothers, often have financial difficulties that put them in a very vulnerable position, making it hard for them to get out of an abusive situation.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): PTSD is a common issue among women who survived traumatic experiences.
There are many benefits of a women’s rehab center, and at Crestview Recovery, we offer women over 18 a safe and encouraging space to work on their addiction recovery. Women will get a specialized treatment plan that will include behavioral therapies and medication management in cases of severe addiction.
5 Benefits of a Women’s Rehab Program
Women who are ready to stop letting their declining mental health control their lives will find many benefits of a women’s rehab program. Research has shown that women can benefit more from a gender-neutral environment where they will feel freer to talk about the issues that affect them the most.
Here are five key benefits of a women’s rehab program that you can experience:
- A nurturing environment. Participating in female-only therapy creates a more nurturing space. Women are naturally more nurturing than men, and there will be fewer defensive reactions when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Multiple therapy options. A women’s rehab program will consist of several types of behavioral and holistic therapies. Medication-assisted treatment is available if a client’s withdrawal symptoms interfere with her recovery.
- Focus on female-specific issues. Therapy is more focused on the issues that matter to women the most. Issues such as eating disorders and feeling overwhelmed while taking care of their family are discussed and understood by everyone in the program. This creates a more beneficial experience.
- More accepting of sexual orientation. Women who are gay or bisexual will find a more accepting recovery experience because other women in the program will support and not judge them.
- A strong support group of supportive women. As women progress through the program, they will form close bonds with the other women who are going through a similar experience. They will become a part of a healthy support system that you can turn to whenever necessary.
Join Crestview Recovery Provides for Our Safe and Compassionate Women’s Drug Rehab Center in Portland
At Crestview Recovery, our women’s drug rehab center in Portland helps women over 18 struggling with addiction or other mental health disorders. We offer a full range of addiction treatment programs with gender-specific options for women whose addiction stems from male relationships.
Since 2016, Dr. Merle Williamson, a graduate of Oregon Health Sciences University, has been the Medical Director at Crestview Recovery, bringing a rich background in addiction medicine from his time at Hazelden Treatment Center. He oversees outpatient drug and alcohol treatments, providing medical care, setting policies, detox protocols, and quality assurance measures. Before specializing in addiction medicine, he spent 25 years in anesthesiology, serving as Chair of Hospital Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and Chief of Anesthesia at Kaiser Permanente. This experience gives him a unique perspective on treating prescription drug addiction.