Oregon consistently ranks as one of the states with the highest number of mental health cases in the country. Treating depression, anxiety, and other mental health disorders requires different levels of treatment that depend on the individual. Outpatient mental health treatment is for those whose symptoms are less severe or who don’t have a serious addiction. It provides ongoing therapy for individuals who need mental health treatment to cope with their thoughts and feelings and avoid abusing drugs or alcohol as a coping mechanism.
At Crestview Recovery, we help men and women 18 and over who are struggling with depression, anxiety, or other mental health disorders. We take the time to build trust and open communication with each client to help them feel comfortable opening up about traumatic events or sensitive subjects. Clients will participate in group and individual therapy while receiving medication to minimize the symptoms that interfere with the recovery process. If you or a loved one is struggling with their mental health, call 866.262.0531 today for more information about our mental health treatment program.
Is Outpatient Mental Health Treatment Right for You?
Everyone will feel sad or anxious at some point in their lives. It is a natural response to tense or stressful situations that create overwhelming emotions. These feelings generally go away after a week or two, but others can experience depression or anxiety symptoms for much longer. In severe cases, individuals can experience depression or anxiety symptoms for several months to years.
A person’s ability to handle negative thoughts and emotions depends on their family history and personal experiences. Some of the common causes of mental health disorders include:
- A traumatic event in their past
- The sudden death of a friend or loved one
- Natural disasters
- Peer pressure to fit in
- Gender or sexual confusion
- Emotional, physical, or sexual abuse
- A family history of depression, substance abuse, or other mental health disorders
At Crestview Recovery, our outpatient mental health treatment in Portland provides effective therapy and beneficial life skills for those struggling with mental health. Our therapists have experience treating all types of mental health disorders and can help you cope with your symptoms.
The Benefits of Enrolling in Outpatient Mental Health Rehab
There are many benefits of enrolling in outpatient mental health treatment, where individuals and families can talk with a therapist about their mental health in a safe and comfortable environment. Treatment programs include many types of therapy to build healthy coping skills and gain a positive outlook on life.
Some of the additional benefits of an outpatient mental health rehab include:
- More flexible recovery experience – Clients can participate in group and private therapy sessions while continuing with work, school, or raising a family. Outpatient therapy is ideal for those who can abstain from substance abuse with minimal supervision while continuing therapy. It offers a more flexible and cost-effective recovery experience than residential treatment.
- Fine-tuning coping skills – As clients return to their lives and use their coping skills, they will discover what works and what does. Outpatient therapy allows for real-world experience that puts coping skills to the test, so clients can work on them and fine-tune the skills that work best for their situation.
- Slow transition from residential treatment – Those who complete a residential treatment program will use outpatient therapy to integrate back into their lives slowly. Clients can live in a sober living environment until they have a sober and stable home while spending more time in public and with family as their confidence grows.
Outpatient mental health treatment gives men and women an opportunity to continue therapy while still keeping up with work and personal responsibilities. By continuing therapy, clients can prevent old issues from disrupting their present lives, no matter the situation.
Join Crestview Recovery for Our Outpatient Mental Health Treatment in Portland
At Crestview Recovery, our treatment center offers residential and outpatient treatment programs for every step of the recovery journey. Clients learn how to better communicate their feelings without causing any negative behaviors or cravings for drugs and alcohol. Our team of therapists combines behavioral and holistic therapy along with medication to build healthy coping skills and an improved outlook on life.
Call 866.262.0531 or send us a message online today if you would like to schedule a tour and meet with our team to discuss your mental health treatment.