A group therapy program in Portland can be very beneficial in helping men and women from all walks of life who struggle with addiction or other mental health issues. Furthermore, it can help you see a different perspective on the recovery process and see how others have similar struggles. As a result, this helps clients realize that they are not alone in their struggles. Group therapy services in Portland, Oregon, can be very therapeutic for men and women, even for those who have a negative view of group therapy.
At Crestview Recovery, we help men and women over 18 who are ready to make a positive change in their lives. Our peer support groups in Portland provide a safe space to develop coping skills and bond with their peers in the program. Relationships that bond over a shared struggle can be very beneficial in the recovery process. For more information about our group therapy program in Portland, call 866.262.0531 today.
Why You Need a Group Therapy Program in Portland
Group therapy is a necessary part of any successful addiction treatment program. It helps clients gain different perspectives on recovery and allows therapists to see how they interact with their peers. When combined with one-on-one and other holistic therapies, clients better understand their addiction and develop healthy ways to cope with their thoughts and feelings instead of hiding from them with drugs or alcohol.
Group therapy can help with a number of mental health issues that make clients feel like they are alone in their struggles, including:
- Eating disorders
- Panic disorders
- Social anxiety disorders
- Chronic pain
- Substance abuse
At Crestview Recovery, our group therapy program in Portland can help with addiction and other mental health disorders. Men and women will build their confidence in their new coping skills as they develop and practice them during group therapy.
The Benefits of Addiction Support Groups in Portland, Oregon
Addiction affects each person in unique ways, and group therapy is an excellent way for men and women to understand this. It also offers a chance to restore healthy relationships with families and friends. Just some of the benefits of addiction support groups in Portland, Oregon, include:
- A sense of belonging. Clients bond with others in group therapy as they support each other during their recovery.
- Improved relationship skills. Therapists are able to watch clients during group therapy and then note any troubling behavior or habits. They talk about what they see in private therapy so that clients can begin forming healthy relationship traits.
- Learn that it is OK to talk about feelings. Often, clients with an addiction don’t have the proper communication skills to express their feelings. They learn how to open up and be honest with themselves and others. They also practice talking and listening skills.
- A broader range of feedback. During group therapy, peers will lend their perspectives on each other’s struggles with addiction. In fact, this can be very eye-opening for those who have trouble accepting what their therapist is telling them about their behaviors.
- Gain a vast support network of sober friends. Those who go through group therapy will often become lifelong friends who support each other on their recovery journey long after treatment has ended.
For Peer Support Groups in Portland, Join Crestview Recovery for Help with Your Mental Health
At Crestview Recovery, we provide effective group therapy in Portland for men and women 18 and over who struggle with addiction or other mental health disorders. We believe in a holistic approach to your recovery and offer a full range of therapies. Along with group therapy, we also offer:
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Trauma therapy
- Holistic therapy
Call 866.262.0531 or fill out our online contact form to reach out to our compassionate staff to begin your addiction recovery.