Going to rehab isn’t something that people do regularly. Those who have never been typically don’t know what to bring to rehab. In fact, it’s a challenge to figure out what people can bring because rehab centers have strict policies.
Do you need to go to the drug and alcohol rehab Center at Crestview Recovery? Call us today at 866.262.0531 for more information.
What You Can and Can’t Bring to Rehab
In most cases, rehab centers allow people to bring necessities but have different rules regarding personal items. For a list of the personal items that a rehab center allows, they have to contact that center for more details.
In most cases, though, the necessities include clothing, toiletries, and medications. Keep in mind that rehab centers only allow certain medications into their facilities. Obviously, addictive medications aren’t one of these.
People may also want to bring important documents with them. These include a photo ID and insurance information. Some items that they shouldn’t bring to rehab include:
- Drugs and alcohol
- Pornographic material
- Drinks and food
- Cosmetics or cleaning supplies that contain alcohol
- Games, as most rehab centers provide activities to fill the down time
What Do Rehab Centers Say About What to Bring to Rehab?
The items that people want to bring to rehab and those that rehab centers want them to bring often differ. However, most rehab centers use a pretty universal list for what to bring.
First, they usually want people to bring a list of phone numbers and addresses. The reason is that they won’t let people bring in cellphones. Because of that, people won’t have their phones to look up contact information. Instead, they need to write down the numbers of who they want to contact.
Next, rehab centers often recommend that people pack jewelry that they feel is a necessity. They might not feel right going without certain pieces of jewelry. One example is a wedding ring.
It’s also a good idea to bring a small amount of cash, usually between $50 and $100. They can use this cash for vending machines or store runs. However, it’s never a good idea to bring a large amount of cash to rehab.
Lastly, they should bring a journal or notebook of some kind. Rehab centers often find that people feel more at ease when they can write down their feelings. A journal is private and just for them to write in.
Reach Out to Us for Rehab Help
Do you want to know more about what to expect? Reach out to Crestview Recovery today. We can provide all of the information that you need to know before you arrive. Once you get here, you can enjoy services such as:
- Intensive outpatient program: This is a step down from inpatient care. It allows you to live at home while still receiving treatment during the day.
- Residential rehab: This is our inpatient program where you’ll live at our facility and receive around-the-clock care.
- Trauma therapy: This is a specific type of therapy that can help people who have experienced trauma in their lives.
- Dual diagnosis treatment: If you suffer from addiction and a mental health disorder, this program is for you. We’ll help you to address both issues simultaneously.
- Partial hospitalization program: If you need more structure than an IOP can provide, this program offers it. You’ll reside in our facility and receive treatment during the day but have evenings and nights free.
- Aftercare: This is critical for people in early recovery. It helps to have a solid plan in place for when you leave treatment.
Don’t let not knowing what to bring to rehab keep you from seeking help. Use this information or call the rehab center to figure out what you can bring with you. For more information about what we allow, reach out to us at 8662620531.