Addiction is a mental health disease that is treatable through various forms of medical and behavioral therapy. One of the original programs for addiction is the 12 steps of recovery that became popular through the Alcoholics Anonymous program. A 12-step rehab program is ideal for clients who prefer a more religious or spiritual experience for their addiction recovery.
At Crestview Recovery, we provide compassionate support for men and women 18 and over who are struggling with addiction to alcohol, meth, or other harmful substances. We take the time to get to know each client personally. Then, we create a treatment plan using the 12 steps of addiction recovery or other programs for a more effective recovery experience. For more information about our 12-step rehab program, call 866.262.0531 to speak with our caring staff today about making a positive change in your life.
Why You Need a 12-Step Addiction Recovery Program
The original 12-step program was created by Bill Wilson in the 1930s after writing down his own experiences with recovering from alcohol addiction. It focuses on a spiritual approach where the belief in God or a Higher Power is paramount for the recovery process. The program was originally just for men but has since expanded to treat anyone needing help.
A 12-step program can help with all types of addiction, including:
- Drug and alcohol addiction
Addiction is a devastating illness that can lead to death if not treated properly. Men and women who try to quit alone will experience painful withdrawal symptoms and cravings that can lead to relapse. At Crestview Recovery, our therapists are certified in the 12 steps of addiction recovery as well as other forms of addiction treatment. We will complete a full assessment when you first arrive. Then, we’ll create a tailored treatment plan that addresses all of your recovery goals.
The 12 Steps of Recovery
The 12-step of recovery is one of the oldest addiction treatment programs around and is still used in treatment centers today. It is a very effective program for clients who believe that God or a Higher Power can help them reach their recovery goals.
The 12 steps of recovery include:
- Admit that you are powerless over your alcohol addiction and you need help.
- Believing that God or a Higher Power is the only way to recover.
- Decide to give yourself over to that Higher Power.
- Create a moral inventory of yourself.
- Admitting to God, yourself, and others of your mistakes.
- Be willing to accept help to remove shortcomings and character defects.
- Ask God or a Higher Power to remove shortcomings and defects.
- Create a list of people you have wronged and make amends to all of them.
- Make direct contact with people as long as doing so will not cause further harm to them or yourself.
- Continue to take personal inventory of your life and admit to your mistakes.
- Use prayer or meditation to improve your relationship with God or yourself.
- Become a mentor to others and help them in their recovery journey.
Join Crestview Recovery for Our 12-Step Recovery Program in Portland
At Crestview Recovery, we provide compassionate care for men and women 18 and over who are struggling with addiction. We offer residential and outpatient treatment programs using a combination of behavioral and holistic therapy and medication-assisted treatment that will help you reach your recovery goals.
We offer a wide range of therapies, including:
- 12-step recovery
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Separate men’s and women’s rehab
- Trauma therapy
- Family therapy
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, call 866.262.0531 or fill out our online form, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.