Why is mental health care important? In Oregon, the current number of mental health cases is above the national average, with more than 34% of residents claiming they suffer from some form of mental health disorder.1 Depression and anxiety are two of the most common types of disorders people struggle with and can lead to addiction and suicidal thoughts if left untreated. Mental health treatment is available for men and women who need help coping with their feelings and want to regain control of their lives.
At Crestview Recovery, our mission is to support individuals with their mental health recovery at our accredited treatment center in Portland. We are a full-service facility that offers detox, residential, and outpatient treatment programs using the latest behavioral and medical therapies. Each program is designed around the patient’s unique symptoms and works to uncover the root cause of the disorder. To discover all of the benefits of our mental health treatment program, call 866.262.0531 or send us a message online today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Why Is Mental Health Care Important?
Our mental health is very important to living a healthy and happy life. While everyone will feel sad or anxious once in a while, those feelings will typically go away within a week or two. When negative feelings persist for more than a few weeks, it is a sign that there is a significant problem that is preventing them from living up to their full potential.
The importance of mental health care is clear in the number of people who attend therapy and learn how to cope with their feelings in a healthy manner. Patients will participate in group and private therapy sessions where they will:
- Discover the root cause of their symptoms and begin working through those feelings.
- They learn that it is OK to talk about their feelings and how to express themselves in an appropriate manner.
- Gain valuable insight and friendships from their peers.
- Receive medication to minimize any symptoms that interfere with recovery.
- Prevents symptoms from worsening and causing substance abuse or suicidal thoughts.
At Crestview Recovery, our compassionate staff is eager to support you in your mental health care. We use the latest treatment modalities to give our patients the confidence and self-esteem necessary to face any stressful situation life will throw at them.
The Benefits of Enrolling in a Mental Health Care Program
Enrolling in a mental health care program can greatly reduce any symptoms that are causing a disruption to a person’s work and personal life. Mental health treatment is very effective in helping patients work through past traumas, cope with relationship conflicts, and be more confident in social settings.
Here are some additional benefits of mental health care:
- A better understanding of their mental health – In many cases, men and women are unaware of the reasons behind their depression, anxiety, or other mental health disorders. Therapists will sit with patients in a private setting to uncover the root cause of their symptoms and begin working on coping with those feelings instead of letting them fester and worsen.
- Develop healthy coping skills – Patients will learn new coping skills for managing their symptoms and triggers. These skills teach them how to stop negative thoughts from spiraling out of control, slow racing heart rates, and calmly deal with the situation they are facing. In group therapy, patients will practice these skills with their peers in a supervised environment.
- Medical support – For severe cases of depression, PTSD, or other disorders, medical staff will administer medications that reduce depression and anxiety symptoms. In cases of co-occurring substance abuse, medication can minimize withdrawal symptoms and cravings and reduces the risk of relapse.
Patients discover the importance of mental health care as they progress through the program and begin to feel happy and healthy again. The skills they learn will allow them to reach their full potential and lead their best lives.
Begin Your Mental Health Treatment at Crestview Recovery
Why is mental health care important? At Crestview Recovery, we support men and women 18 and over who are struggling with depression, bipolar disorder, or other mental health disorders. We take the time to build trust and rapport with each client to help them open up about their feelings in a safe and encouraging environment. Patients work at their own pace while participating in group and private therapy sessions while receiving medication to minimize any disruptive symptoms.
If you or a loved one is struggling with their mental health, pick up the phone and call 866.262.0531 today to schedule a tour of our mental health treatment facility.
- “Mental Health in Oregon” – Kaiser Family Foundation
Since 2016, Dr. Merle Williamson, a graduate of Oregon Health Sciences University, has been the Medical Director at Crestview Recovery, bringing a rich background in addiction medicine from his time at Hazelden Treatment Center. He oversees outpatient drug and alcohol treatments, providing medical care, setting policies, detox protocols, and quality assurance measures. Before specializing in addiction medicine, he spent 25 years in anesthesiology, serving as Chair of Hospital Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and Chief of Anesthesia at Kaiser Permanente. This experience gives him a unique perspective on treating prescription drug addiction.