Addiction to drugs or alcohol is a complex disease. It doesn’t just impact the body in the form of cravings and withdrawal symptoms. It also affects you mentally, emotionally and spiritually. There are many forms of treatment that successfully help people with substance abuse disorders to recover and live a full, healthy life. One of the most progressive groupings of these therapies is holistic healing.
What is Holistic Healing?
Because drug abuse and addiction take over every aspect of your life, this therapeutic healing seeks to give you ways to mend as a whole person. It focuses on techniques from nature as well as from cultural traditions around the world. Examples of holistic healing methods include the following:
- Energy work, including Reiki
- Acupuncture and acupressure
- Yoga and meditation
- Nutritional therapy and physical fitness
The underlying goal of holistic healing, as with other addiction treatment methods, is to focus beyond just the behaviors that keep you going back to your substance of choice over and over again. The key is to get to the underlying causes of your addiction as well as what triggers your use so that you can put addiction behind you once and for all.
The Five Elements of Holistic Treatment
Healing the whole person via a holistic drug rehab program involves coming at recovery from several angles at the same time. In general, the following components are necessary:
- Helping you to understand and put into perspective the emotions that led to and feed your addiction
- Dealing with physical symptoms
- Finding a healthy way other than drugs to express your spirituality as you see it
- Changing unhealthy eating habits that have resulted in a neurochemical imbalance
- Purifying your body of environmental contaminants and toxins
In most cases, these holistic healing measures work alongside traditional, evidence-based addiction therapies.
When the Time Has Come to Get Help
If addiction is becoming a burden so heavy that you can no longer carry it, Crestview Recovery is here to take it off your shoulders. In our ideal location in beautiful Portland, Oregon, the staff at Crestview Recovery understand the importance of looking beyond the immediate consequences of addiction. Instead, we help you heal as a whole person.
Many rehab centers can claim to have a holistic healing focus, but we live this philosophy here at Crestview. When you come to us as a client in our partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, outpatient, or aftercare programs, you’ll see what we mean. Our residential program boasts the following customizable features leading to optimal healing:
- Complete, comprehensive physical, mental health, and addiction evaluation
- Evidence-based addiction treatment customized to meet your needs
- Individual and group therapy sessions to foster healthy relationships and an understanding of your addiction
- The natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest with outdoor exercise recreational therapy, including white water rafting, skiing, and snowboarding
- Focus on spiritual healing through mindfulness meditation
- Nutritional counseling for physical wellness
Today can be the moment when you begin your transformation. Call one of our caring professionals at Crestview Recovery today: 866-262-0531. With your courage and commitment and our help, your healing can begin right now.