Addiction is lonely, desolate, and dangerous when left untreated. People who depend on dangerous drugs can sometimes avoid an overdose, but the effects of certain drugs will eventually take their toll in the long run. No matter how far you’ve fallen, we want you to know that there is hope. Addiction treatment programs at Crestview Recovery provide the tools people need in order to stop using and move on to a better life.
The Nature of Core Values
Core values refer to a person’s—or organization’s—driving beliefs. Recovery core values reflect a person’s dedication to their addiction treatment and are often mirrored in rehabilitation centers. And while core values may be similar in many situations, not every business has the same beliefs. Some may differ in ways that surprise many people.
For example, some facilities state that core values such as hope, courage, willingness, spirituality, and integrity are critical to rehabilitation success. These professionals often try to focus on these concepts with their clients through various treatments, like family therapy, to help them manage their care. Concepts often change as individuals leave a facility.
Other companies craft more detailed and specific values that guide their whole service. Therefore, anybody interested in overcoming addiction should have an idea of these values and their impact on recovery. Finding a substance abuse treatment center that reflects a person’s core values is critical for their recovery success.
The Core Values to Guide Recovery
Most rehab facilities create a set of guidelines that they use to help facilitate better recovery success. These rules often vary but usually emphasize many essential points. The following guidelines are standard in many facilities across the nation and help many people achieve recovery success:
- All individuals have unique needs that change up what recovery and treatment methods are appropriate
- Different pathways must be considered for those who want to recover from addiction in their own way
- Everyone in a treatment facility must have equal access to every care option available
- Hope, kindness, and positive thoughts inspire recovery better than negative behaviors and beliefs
- Participation is crucial to a person’s success in rehabilitation, but each person must engage in their own way
These core values to guide recovery are often utilized by many mental health and drug rehabilitation centers across the country. Some facilities may tweak these concepts in many ways to make them individual to their specific treatment options. Most importantly, anyone going through addiction therapy services must fully understand these values before their care even begins.
Using These Values During Recovery
Those who want to use core values to guide recovery need to take the time to understand how to integrate them into a treatment method fully. Each individual will have slightly different approaches that work for them, which is why it is crucial to:
- Brainstorm values before treatment – Take the time to figure out the core values that mean the most and which are useful to addiction recovery.
- Focus on them before sessions – Breathe slowly before each addiction session and remember the core values that help keep a person focused on their care
- Ask care specialists about these values – During treatment sessions, make sure to ask each care specialist about these values and emphasize them to improve care efficacy.
- Adjust the approach as needed – Whenever a caring approach seems to violate a person’s core values, it is important to correct these actions to ensure that treatment goes smoothly and efficiently for that individual.
Thankfully, most dual diagnosis treatment centers open up discussion on care treatments to give clients the chance to provide their input. During these sessions, individuals can provide their counselor’s guidance that enhances their recovery. They can also refocus on their core values to guide improvement to a successful conclusion that satisfies everyone.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment for Men and Women
Our Portland rehab program provides support for substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, and behavioral addictions. We offer substance abuse treatment programs, including:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Benzo addiction treatment
- Cocaine addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Marijuana addiction treatment
- Meth addiction treatment
- Opioid addiction treatment
- Prescription drug treatment
What About Depression?
When you live with depression, it can be difficult to imagine that things can ever get better. This kind of narrow, bleak thinking can cause people to turn to drugs. At Crestview Recovery, we want you to know that depression is treatable. With the right care, you can recover from depression and learn to manage your symptoms effectively. Keep in mind that it’s crucial to get treatment for depression as soon as possible to avoid long-term harm to your physical health.
Sometimes, people can experience forms of mental health issues other than depression. These can include anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and eating disorders. Each of these conditions requires specialized treatment in order to fully address the underlying causes and manage symptoms.
Crestview Recovery’s team of professionals is dedicated to helping you break free from depression and lead a healthier, happier life. We offer evidence-based treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and medication management in order to help you manage your symptoms and regain control over your life. Reach out today for help managing depression. We’re here for you.
Get the Help You Need
Anyone who needs help mastering core values to guide recovery should call 866.262.0531 to contact Crestview Recovery. Our caring and respectful counselors offer partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs, and inpatient care to individuals like you. Our extended-care program integrates dual-diagnosis, individual therapy, and trauma therapy delivered by master-level therapists. Adventure therapy, such as water rafting, helps bring a little joy to the process.