Most health associations classify alcoholism as a disease. Unlike alcohol abuse, one of the most classic signs of alcoholism is the inability to limit how often and how much one drinks. This pattern of uncontrollable drinking oftentimes consumes every aspect of an individual’s life, even when it begins to affect his or her life negatively. At Crestview Recovery, we offer you the therapy and treatment programs you need to help get you on the path to sobriety.
The Effects of Alcoholism
Alcoholism impacts everyone differently. Some individuals only drink heavily at night or throughout the weekend. However, a great majority of people who need alcohol addiction treatment find getting through the day without a drink to be an impossible task. In order to keep uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms at bay, extreme alcoholics may even begin drinking early in the morning and continue throughout the day.
Can You Relate to These Signs of Alcoholism?
If you suspect that you or a loved one is an alcoholic, the following key warning signs can help you to determine if you have a problem.
- No control –The most obvious sign of alcoholism is the inability to control your drinking. This includes how often you drink and how much you consume at a time. Extreme alcoholics may drink at all hours of the day and night.
- Hiding your drinking – If you continue to drink after your friends have called it quits, or if you feel the need to hide how much you’re drinking, you may have a problem.
- Neglecting responsibilities – Many people who suffer from alcoholism neglect their personal and professional obligations when they interfere with drinking. As a result, an individual may lose his or her job, marriage, and family.
- Drinking that makes you feel guilty –If your drinking results in feelings of guilt, anxiety, depression, etc., you might have a serious drinking problem.
- Drinking as a coping method–Recreational drinking can be an enjoyable pastime if an individual can control it. However, drinking to forget problems, or to otherwise deal with stress, can be an indication of alcoholism.
- Regularly over-drinking – Many alcoholics regularly drink beyond their limit, bringing their blood alcohol content to dangerous levels. Consequently, regular over-drinking that leads to blackouts and/or extreme hangovers is another classic sign of alcoholism.
Professional Rehab Can Help
If you can relate to the signs of alcoholism above, it may be time to seek professional addiction treatment. At our premier rehab facility, Crestview Recovery in Portland, Oregon, we offer treatment that can help you overcome your drinking problem and put you on your way towards successful sobriety for a lifetime.
We treat addiction to all substances. Though we do not perform detox at our facility, we refer patients to nearby detox facilities. There, they can begin the physical cleansing process in a safe and controlled environment.
Our 30-bed facility offers the following levels of care and services:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- 90-day drug addiction treatment program
- Dual diagnosis treatment: For those who are suffering from a co-occurring mental disorder
- Comprehensive individual counseling
- Trauma therapies: With our master-level therapists
To help make your time in rehab more enjoyable, we also provide exciting opportunities and amenities such as white water rafting, skiing, and snowboarding.
Rehab Can Help You Overcome Alcoholism
Alcoholism is a chronic and recurring disease that has the power to rule your life. Fortunately, Crestview Recovery can help you to beat your addiction. You can learn how to live a healthier, happier life, free of alcohol. To begin your journey towards long-term sober living, please contact our rehab center today at 866.262.0531.