The opioid epidemic continues to affect millions of adults every year. As a result, this is straining opioid addiction rehab centers across the nation. Sadly, Oregon is one of the highest contributors to the misuse of prescription opioids in the U.S, with an average of five Oregonians dying each week from an opioid overdose. Opioid rehab in Portland can help reduce the number of opioid-related deaths by using evidence-based therapies that are proven to be very effective in treating addiction and other mental health disorders.
At Crestview Recovery, we provide residential and outpatient treatment programs for adults 18 and over at our opioid rehab center in Portland off of the 205 freeway. Therapists will work with each client to determine the right treatment program based on their symptoms and the severity of the addiction. Clients will then participate in several behavioral and holistic therapies to aid in their recovery process and develop healthy coping skills. If you or a loved one is struggling with opioid addiction, call 866.262.0531 today or fill out our online contact form for more information about our opioid addiction treatment in Portland.
When to Know You Need Opioid Addiction Treatment in Portland
Opioids are a natural substance used in several prescription pain medications to treat chronic and severe pain due to surgery or a car accident. If patients aren’t aware of the drug’s properties, an addiction may form over time. Then, patients may potentially switch to heroin or other illegal drugs when their prescription runs out.
Here are some of the signs that you or a loved one may need opioid rehab in Portland:
- Running out of opioid medication ahead of the refill date
- Having multiple prescriptions from other doctors
- Frequent flu-like symptoms
At Crestview Recovery, our opioid rehab program in Portland gives young men and women a real chance at beating their addiction. They then gain a better understanding of how addiction affects them physically and mentally. At the same time, they’ll learn communication and relationship skills that will benefit their sobriety.
Tips for Supporting a Loved One During Opioid Rehab in Portland
Family and loved ones play an important role in the addiction recovery process. They can either be helpful and support their recovery or hinder their progress by refusing to accept their new healthy lifestyle. Here are some tips for supporting someone during opioid rehab in Portland:
- Show love and support without judgment. Talking about addiction can be hard for families, especially those who feel neglected or hurt. When talking to someone about their abuse, be supportive and encouraging. Visit them during their treatment and be there for them as they transition back home.
- Educate yourself about addiction. There is a lot of misconception about addiction and how it affects a person. Learn about the different ways addiction affects a person and the various contributing factors that led to it.
- Create a sober-living home environment. For clients to succeed in their recovery, they will need a sober home environment. Remove any signs of alcohol or drug use. Also, try to have everyone in the family participate in the recovery process.
- Create a healthy lifestyle. If your partner is going through recovery, now is the time to join them. Show them your support by staying sober and participating in new hobbies and interests with them that promote a healthy and sober lifestyle.
Choose Crestview Recovery For Our Opioid Rehab Program in Portland
At Crestview Recovery, we provide men and women 18 and over with compassionate care during their addiction recovery process through our opioid rehab center in Portland. Our facility is located near Mt. Tabor Park off SE 60th Ave and SE Belmont Street. We offer a wide range of addiction treatment programs, including:
- Residential treatment program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Separate men’s and women’s rehab
- Telehealth services
- Aftercare programs
Call 866.262.0531 today to speak with our friendly staff about taking that first step toward a sober and happy life.
Since 2016, Dr. Merle Williamson, a graduate of Oregon Health Sciences University, has been the Medical Director at Crestview Recovery, bringing a rich background in addiction medicine from his time at Hazelden Treatment Center. He oversees outpatient drug and alcohol treatments, providing medical care, setting policies, detox protocols, and quality assurance measures. Before specializing in addiction medicine, he spent 25 years in anesthesiology, serving as Chair of Hospital Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and Chief of Anesthesia at Kaiser Permanente. This experience gives him a unique perspective on treating prescription drug addiction.