Synthetic weed, also known as Spice and K2, mimics the effects of cannabis but has dangerous side effects. Sellers often market it as a natural product. However, it actually contains synthetic cannabinoids and some herbs. People often use synthetic weed if cannabis is illegal in their state or if they don’t want the drug to show up in urine tests. This brings us to an important question: how long does synthetic marijuana stay in your system?
How Long Does Synthetic Marijuana Stay in Your System?
Synthetic marijuana consists of numerous ingredients, and each may stay in your body for a specific duration of time. So, as no two batches of Spice are the same, the amount of time it takes the substance to completely leave your body is difficult to determine.
Discrepancies may also result from individual factors, although more extensive studies are necessary to establish these observations. They include the following:
- Body’s fat content: Higher fat content usually leads to a slower rate of metabolism and excretion.
- Liver function: The liver metabolizes THC. Impaired liver function can slow down the metabolism of Spice.
- Renal function: If something affects your kidney’s ability to remove waste and balance fluids, elimination of K2 components can occur at a lethargic pace.
- Urinary pH: Low urine pH (acidic) boosts the elimination rate of synthetic weed while alkaline urine has a slowing effect.
- Dosage: The answer to how long does synthetic marijuana stay in your system also depends on dosage. If you’re a chronic user, your body will eliminate the drug at a slower rate.
Synthetic Weed and Drug Tests
There is increasing evidence of Americans using Spice to cheat drug tests. This is because the drug is made using ingredients from various chemical classes, so it’s difficult to detect in standard drug tests.
Ultimately, the question of how long does synthetic marijuana stay in your system doesn’t matter. If you or a loved one has an addiction to this dangerous substance, then it’s time to get help. A professional treatment facility can offer you and your family an array of comprehensive services, including:
- Inpatient treatment
- Intensive outpatient program
- Individual counseling
- Group therapy
- Relapse prevention
Synthetic Weed Addiction Rehab Program
How long does synthetic marijuana stay in your system? There’s no clear answer. However, there is a clear treatment option. Crestview Recovery delivers comprehensive treatment, education and support for those struggling with addiction. Under the guidance of Crestview Recovery’s master therapists and also support staff, the path to recovery is clear and certain.
Finally, don’t let your addiction take charge of your life. Call 866-262-0531 today for a positive change.