The concept of holistic healing has been around for centuries when Hippocrates understood that people were more complex than originally thought. Hippocrates believed that all of the separate parts of a person needed to work together equally. In other words, people have mental, physical, and spiritual aspects that need to work together as a whole unit. When these are working in equilibrium using holistic healing methods, then a person will be whole and healthy. People struggling with mental health conditions or a substance use disorder find that holistic healing methods are quite effective at treating their condition. At Crestview Recovery our holistic therapy in Portland Oregon will be the start of your new life to hope and healing.
WHAT IS HOLISTIC THERAPY?
The primary foundation behind holistic therapy is that people are made up of interdependent parts that must be balanced in order to achieve the greatest happiness and wholeness. People with substance abuse problems discover that holistic therapy is particularly helpful for them because drugs or alcohol affects many different aspects of their life.
Some of the principles of holistic medicine include:
- People are important and deserve unconditional support
- Healing will work when patients are viewed as people, not problems
- Treatment should focus on all parts of the person and should involve both traditional and alternative approaches
- It’s critical to go to the root of the problem that is plaguing a person
WHAT ARE HOLISTIC HEALING METHODS?
Several holistic healing techniques exist. These methods focus on healing each part of the person. Some techniques may target the mind, while others focus on the body or the spiritual. Here are some of the techniques that are beneficial in holistic therapy:
- Massage therapy— this helps relax the person and builds trust. It can also ease tenseness from repressed emotions
- Yoga therapy— yoga is an exercise that helps relax the mind and the body. Through certain positions and deep breathing, you clear the mind and release tension from the body
- Exercise therapy—through exercise endorphins are released in the brain, which creates a feeling of well being
- Nutrition therapy—this therapy targets your nutritional intake ensuring that you have enough vitamins and minerals to sustain a balanced life
- Mindfulness meditation therapy—this particular form of therapy is an offshoot of cognitive-based therapy. It uses psychotherapy and mindfulness exercises to help people overcome negative thinking patterns
- Acupuncture therapy—this technique targets pressure points to relieve pain and discomfort. It has been around for many years
WHO BENEFITS FROM HOLISTIC THERAPY
People who are struggling with a broad range of issues will find it beneficial to participate in holistic therapy. Specifically, those who have substance abuse issues gain much help from this approach. Addiction often causes a person’s selfhood to fracture so that they are not connecting with their emotions or recognizing their body’s messages. For example, many times addicted people will neglect their nutritional needs because the cravings for drugs are so intense that they don’t even realize the pain of hunger as acutely as someone who is not addicted to drugs. Therefore, holistic therapy helps mend the fractured pieces and unify the person.
FINDING HOLISTIC HELP AT CRESTVIEW RECOVERY
Welcome to the Crestview Recovery center where you will discover a holistic approach to your treatment. Our staff is standing by ready to lead you along the journey to a whole new life of wholeness.
Our evidence-based therapies are sure to guide your journey in the right direction as you seek healing from substance abuse.
At our addiction treatment facility, we employ the most professional and compassionate staff that has your best interests in mind. You are sure to find rest and hope at our tranquil center. In addition, we offer several therapy options some of which include:
- Individual therapy and Group therapy
- Family therapy program
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Mindfulness meditation therapy
- Recreational therapy
Don’t let substance abuse problems take a toll on your life. Discover the benefits of holistic healing methods by starting treatment today at a Crestview Recovery. Contact us at 866.262.0531, and we’ll guide you to the road to success.