A fentanyl rehab program is for men and women who have formed a dependence or addiction to fentanyl and need help getting through recovery. Fentanyl is a dangerous narcotic that is 50 times more potent than heroin and can cause respiratory distress and death in high doses. If you or a loved one is abusing fentanyl, enrolling in a fentanyl addiction treatment program will ease withdrawal symptoms and cravings and increase the likelihood of maintaining sobriety long after recovery.
At Crestview Recovery, we support individuals and their families through the difficult recovery process and teach them healthy coping skills for abstaining from drugs or alcohol. Therapists run a full assessment of each patient to determine the best treatment program for the severity of the addiction and any corresponding mental health issues that are fueling it. Patients will participate in group and individual therapy while given medication to minimize their symptoms. To learn more about our fentanyl rehab in Portland, OR, call 866.262.0531 today, or send us a question using our online form, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
The Dangers of Fentanyl Addiction
All drugs and alcohol can cause serious complications when abused in high enough doses. Fentanyl is a synthetic or man-made drug used to treat chronic and severe pain. It is 100 times more powerful than morphine, and illegal drug manufacturers will often make fentanyl pills with other opioids, laundry detergents, or other chemicals to increase its effect. It also increases the risk of death as there is no telling what other chemicals you are ingesting. In Oregon, fentanyl has become one of the leading causes of overdose deaths in 2022.
Do you suspect a friend or loved one is abusing fentanyl and needs help? If so, look for these common signs of fentanyl abuse:
- They need to refill their prescription before the refill date
- Have multiple prescriptions from different doctors or prescribed to different patients
- Their abuse is beginning to interfere with work and personal responsibilities
- If they can no longer fill a prescription, they turn to street fentanyl or other illegal drugs
- Physical signs of fentanyl abuse include chest pain, pale skin, labored breathing, and back pain
At Crestview Recovery, our fentanyl rehab center is available for people who are struggling with fentanyl addiction. We work closely with each patient to understand the unique causes behind the addiction. Furthermore, we teach them healthy coping skills for managing their symptoms and triggers.
What to Look for in a Fentanyl Rehab Program
Fentanyl addiction rehab gives patients a safe way to recover from fentanyl addiction. They use a combination of behavioral therapy and medications that are proven to increase the chances of maintaining sobriety long after treatment has ended. When searching for a fentanyl rehab program, look for the following types of programs and services:
- Find a fentanyl rehab center that offers a full complement of programs. This would include drug and alcohol detox, residential and outpatient treatment programs, and aftercare or alumni support programs.
- Offers medication-assisted treatment. Psychiatrists will administer medications to ease withdrawals and cravings that are common with detoxing. These medications can also reduce depressive or anxiety symptoms that may be fueling the addiction. As patients’ symptoms diminish, psychiatrists will begin reducing the medication over time until they are 100% drug-free.
- Uses evidence-backed behavioral therapy. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is one of the most effective ways of treating addiction and any underlying mental health disorders. Therapists work with patients in private and group therapy sessions where they will develop a better understanding of their symptoms and learn how to control their thoughts and behaviors.
- Includes family therapy. Addiction affects more than just the person abusing fentanyl and is one of the leading causes of fractured relationships. Families will have a chance to vent any frustrations or anger in a safe space. At the same time, they learn how to become a part of the recovery process.
A fentanyl addiction rehab program gives individuals a better way to recover from drug addiction in a safe and supervised environment. It can increase your chances of living a healthy life with fewer risks of relapse now and in the future.
For Fentanyl Rehab in Portland, OR, Choose Crestview Recovery
At Crestview Recovery, our fentanyl rehab center is ready to support your addiction recovery through our accredited fentanyl rehab program. We are a full-service rehab center that provides evidence-backed behavioral therapy and medication-assisted treatment through a variety of treatment programs that include:
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Dual diagnosis treatment
A healthy future is just a phone call or a click away. Call 866.262.0531 today to speak with our compassionate staff about enrolling in our addiction rehab facility.
Since 2016, Dr. Merle Williamson, a graduate of Oregon Health Sciences University, has been the Medical Director at Crestview Recovery, bringing a rich background in addiction medicine from his time at Hazelden Treatment Center. He oversees outpatient drug and alcohol treatments, providing medical care, setting policies, detox protocols, and quality assurance measures. Before specializing in addiction medicine, he spent 25 years in anesthesiology, serving as Chair of Hospital Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and Chief of Anesthesia at Kaiser Permanente. This experience gives him a unique perspective on treating prescription drug addiction.