Once you decide to get help for drug or alcohol dependency, you have the option to choose between an outpatient or inpatient treatment program. Inpatient care involves living in our facility while you attend several therapy options. If you have children or a job, you may worry about the impact of staying at a residential treatment program for 30 days or more. However, sometimes that’s the best decision you can make.
Learn more about inpatient care to determine whether this is the best program for you.
What Is an Inpatient Treatment Program?
Inpatient care refers to residential treatment programs for drug or alcohol addiction. With this option, you live at the facility and receive care from medical and therapeutic staff. Typically, clients stay with us for at least 30 days, and we have a 90+ day extension available for those who require additional care.
What Is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
A partial hospitalization program, also known as a PHP, is a form of treatment that offers the intensity of residential care while allowing people to sleep at home. Clients in Crestview’s PHP attend treatment during the day and return home in the evenings. A significant benefit of partial hospitalization care is that it will enable you to begin transitioning back into everyday life by living at home or in a sober living facility. Crestview’s PHP offers the following benefits:
- Mental health counseling
- Group therapy
- Trauma-informed care
- 12-step support when needed
Although you will spend most of your time at our facility, you will begin to practice the strategies you’re learning as you build an extensive support network and develop healthy routines. When compared to residential care, PHP is typically a more affordable option, making it accessible to more people who require treatment.
Why You Might Choose Inpatient Care
There are many benefits of inpatient care. For one thing, residential programs provide around-the-clock monitoring to ensure that you stick to your treatment plan. If you need help resisting the urge to use, staff members are available day or night. At Crestview Recovery, we provide a safe environment and make it easy to resist the temptation you might otherwise face at home. We also offer the following programs:
- Intensive outpatient treatment (IOP)
- Medical detox
- Sober living program
When you choose a residential treatment program, you have no other responsibilities aside from your sobriety. Sure, you have to stay here 24 hours a day. However, this gives you the time you need to focus on recovery. You will attend group support, individual therapy, life skills, and holistic therapy classes during your time here. All of these approaches have a common goal — preparing you for sober living.
Benefits of Residential Treatment Program
Inpatient care provides a highly structured environment that gives you access to everything you need for a successful transition back to living at home. We provide nutritious meals and wellness programs that help you build back your strength and therapy that enables you to get to the root cause of your substance use disorder. Some of the benefits of inpatient care in Oregon include the following:
- Bonding activities such as recreation therapy
- Access to counseling whenever needed
- Relief from distractions and disruptions
- Participating in positive group events
In group therapy sessions, you can support others and learn from clients with similar experiences. For a truly successful recovery, you need to learn how to interact with others and operate within the community. We provide this opportunity by giving you all the components you need to succeed.
Is an Inpatient Program Right for You?
This is an individual choice, but here are some criteria to help you with your decision.
- Do you have severe symptoms from long-term drug or alcohol abuse? If so, act quickly and choose the best solution that works. Typically, inpatient care provides the most concentrated form of treatment.
- Have you tried outpatient drug rehab treatment before? We have an effective outpatient treatment program for those that need it. However, if you already know that this hasn’t worked in the past, maybe it’s time to try something new by leveling up your treatment to inpatient care.
- Can you take time away from work and family to concentrate on your recovery? Even if you cannot afford to take time off, you may need to prioritize your health and well-being in the short term. Committing to an inpatient program is not easy. However, the results are worth the sacrifice.
Inpatient Treatment Program in Oregon
Inpatient care includes individual therapy that focuses on your substance use disorder and any co-occurring mental health disorders. At Crestview Recovery, our residential treatment program has helped thousands of clients regain control of their life. Walk away from drug and alcohol abuse with the help of our caring team. Contact us at 866.262.0531 to find out how to begin your inpatient care today.