If you’re wondering, “Do I need a dual diagnosis? ” you may be a person who is dealing with substance abuse and a mental health issue. People who need treatment for both conditions are known as dual diagnosis clients. When you’re struggling with substance abuse, you may also need depression, bipolar, or anxiety treatment portland Oregon. At Crestview Recovery, we’re here to help. Let’s explore the question of “What is a dual diagnosis?”
Clients who have mental health and substance abuse issues have dual diagnosis. This means that they have more than one diagnosis that affects their mental state. If the answer to the question of “Do I need dual diagnosis?” is yes, don’t worry- help is available to you.
Treatment For Dual Diagnosis
Treatment for dual diagnosis is different than treatment only for substance abuse. It’s important that a dual diagnosis treatment program addresses both the substance abuse issue and the mental health issue for the client. Untreated mental health issues lead to stress, which can increase the likelihood that a person will relapse. This is why it’s important that dual diagnosis patients receive treatment for both substance abuse and their mental health issue. While dual diagnosis treatment plans can present a challenge, recovery is just as possible for dual diagnosis clients as it is for anyone else.
Ready To Get Help? Crestview Recovery Is Here For You
If you’re ready to get help for substance abuse and treat your mental health issue at the same time, Crestview Recovery is here to help. We understand the complications of overcoming addiction while dealing with mental health issues. Our trained counselors and staff are experts in helping our clients navigate the tricky waters of dual diagnosis. Now that you have a better idea of the answer to, “Do I need dual diagnosis treatment? ” it may be time to give us a call and ask for help.
We understand and appreciate that our clients who start treatment wondering, “What is a dual diagnosis?” have unique needs. We don’t believe in one size fits all rehab. We tailor your personal rehab program to you. At Crestview Recovery, we offer a number of different addiction and mental health treatment services, including:
– The individual, group, and family therapy- Your therapist will work with you to determine the kind of therapeutic treatment that makes the most sense for your needs. Combining different modalities of therapy helps many of our clients get the best shot possible at a sober lifestyle
– 12 step recovery: Whether you’ve tried AA and NA before, or if 12 step programs are new to you, many of our clients find that working the 12 steps helps them to move forward to sobriety
– Dialectical and cognitive behavioral therapy: Behavioral modification is key in overcoming addiction, and our therapists are here to walk you through the behavior modification process
– Life skills rehab: Addiction can make even the most productive people struggle to manage their life. Life skills rehab helps you to get all aspects of your life back on track as you work toward a healthier lifestyle
– Trauma therapy: At Crestview Recovery, we understand that underlying trauma causes substance abuse issues for many of our clients. We’re here to help you work through trauma in a safe, accepting space
Call Crestview Recovery Today
Now that you’re no longer wondering, “Do I need dual diagnosis? ” it’s time to make the call to get help. Crestview Recovery is here to help you start your journey to a sober lifestyle. Call us at 866.262.0531 to talk with one of our counselors. We’ll talk with you about developing a plan that makes sense for your journey to sobriety. You can get better, and making the call to ask for help is the first step.