There are many benefits of a residential treatment program for those whose addiction is disrupting their work and personal lives. Drug and alcohol addiction is a serious mental health illness that affects more than 50 million men and women in the US today. While there is no cure, there are several types of treatment programs that can treat the wide-ranging symptoms and severity of the addiction. A residential addiction treatment center gives patients a safe and comfortable home to stay in while they focus on their recovery, free from outside distractions.
At Crestview Recovery, we provide our patients with residential and outpatient treatment programs to support their recovery from start to finish. Our behavioral therapists have experience working with people from all walks of life and helping them uncover the reasons behind their addiction. They teach them healthy coping skills for managing their symptoms and triggers and build their confidence in living a sober life. For more information on our residential addiction treatment center, call 866.262.0531 today to speak with one of our friendly team members.
When is a Residential Treatment Program Necessary?
While drug and alcohol addiction affects each person differently, no one is immune from its effects. The more you take, the more you increase your risk of forming a dependence and/or addiction. Dependence is the physical need for more drugs and alcohol, while addiction causes strong cravings and self-destructive habits that promote more abuse. In many cases, a person may want to quit but are unable to resist their urges and temptations.
A residential treatment program is necessary for individuals who experience the following:
- Painful physical withdrawal symptoms and cravings within a few hours of their last use
- They have to continue taking more to feel the same high
- Are unable to start the day without drugs or alcohol
- They have a strong desire to quit but are unable to do so without support
- Their behavior is causing relationship conflicts and problems at work
- The addiction leads to criminal activity or increasing risky behavior that threatens their safety
At Crestview Recovery, we are dedicated to seeing you reach your recovery goals and maintain a healthy and sober life. The benefits of our residential treatment center become clear as patients progress through their program and regain their confidence and control of their emotions.
3 Benefits of a Residential Treatment Program
For individuals who are unable to stop their substance abuse, enrolling in a residential treatment program is the best way to get through detox and begin recovery in a safe and discreet setting. It greatly reduces the risk of relapse, which is very common for anyone who tries quitting without help.
Here are three benefits of a residential treatment program:
- Behavioral/holistic therapy – Because each person is unique, treating addiction requires a deep understanding of a person’s history. Behavioral therapists will work with patients to get to know them and what led to the addiction. They teach patients how to cope with the thoughts and feelings that trigger their abuse without craving more drugs or alcohol. In addition to behavioral therapy, patients will practice meditation, yoga, creative writing, and other holistic therapies that are very beneficial in the recovery process.
- Medication-assisted treatment – To reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings, medical staff will administer medications that are proven to reduce addiction withdrawals. Staff will monitor each patient’s progress and make adjustments to the medication for maximum benefits with minimal side effects. By the end of the program, most patients will be 100% drug-free.
- Family therapy – Addiction is one of the leading causes of divorce and broken families. During recovery, parents, spouses, and children will learn about addiction’s devastating effects on everyone. They can vent any frustrations or negative feelings they have while learning how to create a supportive home environment.
There are many benefits of an inpatient treatment program for those who are ready to stop abusing drugs or alcohol. It teaches them about the dangers of addiction and how it can lead to brain damage, organ failure, and death if left untreated.
Find Relief From Addiction With a Residential Treatment Center at Crestview Recovery
At Crestview Recovery, we provide compassionate support for men and women 18 and over who are struggling with an addiction to cocaine, heroin, alcohol, or other harmful substances. The benefits of our residential treatment center include a full complement of treatment programs:
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Medication-assisted treatment
- A solid alumni network