Addiction is a dangerous illness that is treatable through a combination of behavioral therapy and medication. This multi-pronged approach treats the physical and mental aspects of addiction. At the same time, patients learn how to change their negative habits and thinking. Choosing a PHP program to continue treatment is the best way to reduce the risk of relapse after completing a residential treatment program. A partial hospitalization program (PHP) is just one part of a comprehensive treatment plan that has a high rate of success in helping individuals reach their recovery goals.
At Crestview Recovery, we treat men and women 18 and over who are ready to stop letting their substance abuse ruin their lives. Our accredited treatment facility offers a full complement of addiction treatment programs. These include residential treatment, PHP rehab, and intensive outpatient programs. For severe cases of addiction, we provide medical support to minimize withdrawals and cravings that prevent a safe recovery. To learn more about our partial hospitalization program, send us a question using our online form today, or call 866.262.0531 to speak with our friendly staff and schedule a tour.
What Is PHP for Addiction?
Addiction causes physical and mental symptoms that can make recovery nearly impossible without support. With long-term abuse, addiction can cause painful physical symptoms within a few hours of your last drink or drug use. It also creates strong cravings for the substance of choice that will intensify the longer you abstain. During the second and third days of detox, withdrawals and cravings peak, and this is when most people will relapse and potentially overdose.
PHP for addiction is the second stage of an addiction treatment plan. There are three types of addiction treatment programs that can effectively treat all types of addiction:
- Residential treatment program – This is a full-time program where patients will live in a treatment center 24/7 with medical and therapeutic support. Programs can last from 30-90 days.
- Partial hospitalization program – Works to ease the transition from residential treatment to outpatient treatment. Patients continue therapy as they move back home or to a sober living community.
- Intensive outpatient program – Continues therapy with patients spending several hours a day in therapy while adjusting to their newly sober lives. This phase of the program can last several weeks to months, depending on individual progress.
At Crestview Recovery, our team has experience treating all types of addiction and levels of severity using behavioral and holistic therapy, along with medical support. Therapists build a close connection with each patient to help them open up and talk about what led to the addiction.
Choosing a PHP for Continuing Addiction Treatment
After completing residential treatment, patients will enter PHP rehab to start adjusting to life outside of the program. This can be a very stressful time. Therefore, patients who don’t continue therapy may struggle with maintaining their sobriety after leaving the program.
PHP for mental health treatment will include the following types of therapy:
- Behavioral Therapy – Cognitive-behavioral therapy is one of the best therapy options for treating addiction and other mental health disorders. Therapists talk with patients to understand their unique history and what led to the addiction. They teach them healthy coping skills for managing their symptoms and triggers. As a result, they can confidently face any situation without giving in to their urges.
- Holistic therapy – Meditation, yoga, and other mindfulness techniques are very beneficial to the recovery process. It focuses on showing patients the power within them to make healthy changes through painting, creative writing, nature hikes, exercise, and other holistic activities.
- Medication-assisted treatment – Addiction withdrawals can be very painful and potentially deadly if not properly treated. During addiction recovery, medical staff will administer medications to reduce withdrawals and cravings, and any depressive or anxiety symptoms. As symptoms diminish, they will begin reducing the medication until they no longer need it.
Choosing a PHP program is the smart choice to make for a safe recovery. There is no “cure” for addiction. However, there are several treatment options available that can help patients lead productive and sober lives.
Choose Crestview Recovery for Our Partial Hospitalization Program
At Crestview Recovery, we work with individuals 18 and over who are struggling with an addiction to alcohol, heroin, cocaine, or other substances. Our PHP for mental health treatment utilizes various types of therapy to treat all aspects of the addiction, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Trauma-informed therapy
- Group and individual therapy
- Family therapy
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, today is the perfect time to call 866.262.0531 and discover how we can benefit your recovery.