Addiction treatment programs give men and women a chance to stop abusing drugs and alcohol and reach their full potential with fewer risks of relapse and setbacks. Because addiction has a wide range of symptoms and severity, it requires different levels of treatment. An intensive outpatient program rehab, or IOP rehab, provides a less restrictive form of treatment than inpatient treatment. In IOP rehab, clients live at home while continuing their treatment for several hours per week. An intensive outpatient program is for clients who have a sober home environment and can abstain from drugs and alcohol with minimal supervision.
At Crestview Recovery, we help men and women 18 and over struggling with addiction or other mental health disorders through our inpatient and outpatient treatment programs. While they’re with us, clients will participate in various behavioral and holistic therapies. The objective is always to uncover the root cause of their addiction and develop coping skills for maintaining their sobriety. If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, call 866.262.0531 or fill out our online form today for more information about our intensive outpatient program in Portland.
What is IOP Rehab?
Addiction is a treatable illness that requires behavioral therapy and medication to get through withdrawals and maintain sobriety safely. Outpatient rehab allows clients to spend more time at home and at work while still working on their recovery. IOP rehab is less restrictive than other programs and typically only requires 10–20 hours of therapy each week.
For most people with a serious addiction, the average recovery process involves several types of treatment programs in a specific order:
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Residential treatment
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP rehab)
- Aftercare/alumni programs
At Crestview Recovery, we offer inpatient and outpatient treatment programs that include intensive outpatient rehab for men and women ready for a new life. Our substance abuse assessment allows us to accurately place you in the right program. This process is based on your individual symptoms and the severity of your addiction.
What to Expect During Intensive Outpatient Rehab
Intensive outpatient rehab is for men and women who have completed a residential and partial hospitalization program and are ready to move on to the next step of their recovery. IOP rehab is a significant step forward to returning to your regular life. However, it requires a stable and sober home environment to continue treatment.
Here is what you can expect during your intensive outpatient program rehab:
- Clients will continue participating in group and individual therapy to address all aspects of their addiction. IOP rehab generally involves up to 20 hours of therapy each week.
- During one-on-one therapy, therapists will continue to work on improving the overall outlook client’s have about themselves and the world around them. At the same time, they’ll tweak coping skills to manage their symptoms more effectively.
- In group therapy, clients will practice their coping skills with their peers under close supervision. Therapists watch for any troubling behavior and make a note of it and address it during private therapy.
- Clients will have an opportunity to develop mindfulness techniques and new interests to keep them occupied.
- Clients will participate in family therapy along with parents, siblings, and loved ones. This is to ensure their family is mentally healthy and continues to support their recovery.
Enroll in Crestview Recovery’s Intensive Outpatient Program for Continuing Your Recovery Journey
At Crestview Recovery, our intensive outpatient rehab program, helps men and women reach their recovery goals with fewer risks of relapsing. This program allows clients to spend more time at work and at home. During this time, they’ll spend a few hours each night in therapy to discuss any concerns or temptations they face. They can continue their therapy for as long as necessary to maintain their sobriety.
Today is the perfect day to start getting help with your addiction recovery. Call 866.262.0531 today to meet with our team and free yourself from the shackles of addiction.