If you’ve never been to drug rehab before, you may be wondering what goes on in a typical day. Depending on the level of care that you choose, it can vary. However, most programs help you to make use of every moment. Throughout your time in rehab, every piece of information you observe can potentially save your life. You’ll be getting the tools you need to begin the healing process and face life on life’s terms when rehab is over.
At Crestview Recovery, we treat a variety of addictions. Whether you struggle with heroin addiction or alcohol addiction, we have a drug rehab for you. Our addiction treatment programs include:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Oxycodone addiction treatment
- Cocaine addiction treatment
- Benzos addiction treatment
Do you need a drug rehab addiction facility? Call us today at 866.262.0531 for more information.
The highest level of care that you can enter is residential treatment, which is a form of rehab in which you live at the facility. Residential treatment stays can vary based on your insurance as well as your progress. Residential treatment is the best option for those who have severe addictions or have dealt with chronic relapses. This treatment provides you with the accountability and structure you need, as well as therapies such as:
- Dual diagnosis therapy: If you have a mental health disorder as well as an addiction, this type of therapy will address both.
- Trauma therapy: A type of therapy that can help you deal with and heal the traumas that may have led to your addiction.
- Individual therapy: One-on-one therapy sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Group therapy: Group sessions led by a therapist in which you share your experiences with others who are struggling with addiction.
Typically, you’ll wake up in the morning and have breakfast. After this, you’ll likely have some free time to get ready and socialize. You’ll have a set schedule that will involve different types of therapies in both group and individual settings. Some of the groups that you go through will be educational to teach you about addiction. Others will be processing groups where you discuss how you’re doing with others while a therapist leads the group. After dinner, you may have some more free time before going to bed.
How Long Do You Stay? What are the Benefits?
The length of time that you stay in residential treatment will be based on how well you’re progressing. Typically, people stay for 30 days, but some may stay for 60 or even 90 days. It all depends on your individual needs and what your treatment team thinks is best for you.
The benefits of residential programs are abundantly clear. You’ll:
- Have 24/7 care and supervision which can help to keep you accountable and on track with your recovery.
- Be in a safe and structured environment that can provide you with the stability you need.
- Be able to focus solely on your recovery without having to worry about work, school, or other responsibilities.
- Have access to a variety of different types of therapies that can help you heal the underlying causes of your addiction.
Intensive Outpatient Programs
Some people transition from residential drug rehab treatment to an intensive outpatient program (IOP) or even start in IOP. A schedule for IOP is different from residential because individuals don’t live at the facility. Some people choose to live at home or may live in a sober living environment. The major similarity between residential and IOP is that you’ll still spend the majority of your day in therapy programs.
This type of addiction treatment program teaches you different types of tools to manage your life in sobriety. During this type of treatment, it’s sort of like grad school in college. You’ll have your foundation of recovery and will be learning how to make it stronger with different practices. These different types of methods can include cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness, art therapy, and more.
Using Your Free Time Wisely
No matter which level of care you choose, you’ll have some free time, and how you spend it is crucial. This time is your opportunity to recover from your addiction and find a new way of living. Those who successfully make the most out of their free time by strengthening their recovery. Enhancing your recovery in your free time can take form in many ways.
Crestview Recovery encourages our clients to get to know each other and build a support group during our 90-day rehab programs. This can also happen during different types of groups where you see that you’re all in this together. One of the best ways to maintain long-term sobriety is by staying in touch with a sober network of individuals. We want to help you lay the foundation for the incredible life that awaits you. Call us today at 866.262.0531.