If you’re asking yourself the question can antidepressants be addictive, it may be because you or a loved one has been taking this medication and developed a dependency on it. The short answer to the question is yes and no. Some antidepressants are far more addictive than others. In several cases, the same medications are provided for both depression and anxiety, as well. These medications can sometimes cause problems with addiction. No matter which meds you take, though, addiction is possible.
If You Wonder Can Antidepressants Be Addictive, Addiction May Be Present
You don’t have to handle things alone if you’re experiencing an addiction to antidepressants. These are powerful medications that can affect your brain chemistry. Some of them have the potential to become addictive over time, and it can depend on the person, type of med, and dosage being taken, as well. But no matter where you are in your struggle, we can help. Our caring and dedicated professionals want to make sure you’re getting all the help and support you need for the treatment of your addiction. Then you can get back to living the happy life you deserve, with a good future ahead of you.
Struggling with addiction isn’t easy, but with the right people to help you, it’s not as difficult. You have more hope when you have more help, and we want to be a big part of that. Our treatment professionals are here to see you succeed, and to give you the tools and healthy coping mechanisms that will work for your needs and goals. With that level of help and support, you can’t go wrong. Getting in touch with us at our facility in the beautiful Pacific Northwest is the first step toward answering the question of can antidepressants be addictive and then getting the help you need to address and conquer that addiction.
The Right Kind of Treatment Makes a Difference
It’s not just about the location or the people, though. The kind of treatment you’re also getting matters. We can offer you a lot of great options, many of which may work for your needs and situation. Not every treatment plan is right for every person, which is why we provide options. You can work with us to find the one that’s going to fit your concerns and address your addiction issues the right way. Can antidepressants be addictive? They can be. But we can help you break that addiction and feel good about your future.
Here are some of the programs and options we offer in our 30-bed facility to help you succeed:
- Partial hospitalization: This level of care is perfect for those who need more treatment than what outpatient care can offer but don’t require 24-hour supervision.
- Intensive outpatient: If you don’t require 24-hour care, this level of care is perfect for you.
- Outpatient treatment: If you need support but can’t commit to a higher level of care (or don’t need to), outpatient treatment is perfect for you.
- Aftercare: Once you’ve completed treatment, we’ll still be here for you. We offer continuing care and support to help you maintain your sobriety.
- Individual therapy: You’ll work one-on-one with a therapist to address your unique needs.
- Trauma therapy: We offer trauma-informed care to help you heal from any trauma you may have experienced.
- Extended care (90-day program): If you need more time in treatment, we offer an extended care program that can help you transition back to everyday life.
- Dual diagnosis therapy: If you have a mental health disorder in addition to your addiction, we offer dual diagnosis therapy to treat both disorders.
No matter what kind of treatment help you need for addiction to antidepressants, we are here to give you hope and support. Our therapists will work with you to find the right skills for you to take with you into the world. We know that breaking an addiction can be difficult. But we also know that the right treatment goes a very long way toward making things easier for you.
Crestview Recovery wants to be a part of your recovery journey and success story. Also, we offer you plenty to do while you’re here with us, like white water rafting, skiing, and snowboarding. We’ll work with your individual needs and goals to give you a brighter future.
Let Crestview Recovery Help You Succeed Today
Before you stop taking your depressants, you should talk to your doctor. They may be able to help. They may suggest that you can overcome an addiction to antidepressants or any other substance when you attend a quality drug rehab facility like ours.
There’s no reason to live under the struggle of addiction, when we can help you be free, healthy, and whole. We’ll help you get on the road toward a complete recovery. Then you can have the bright future you want and deserve, and plenty to look forward to in the coming months and years.
Contact us at 866.262.0531 and let us give you an answer to the question can antidepressants be addictive.