While it may seem like an extreme drug because of its illegal status, heroin use across the nation is rising. In 2018 alone, over 150,000 young adults used heroin, developing an addiction to it. For many, heroin addiction has grown out of the prescription opioid epidemic. When an individual becomes addicted to legal, prescribed medications but can’t obtain them, they turn to heroin. As an opioid, heroin is one of the most potent and addictive drugs. Crestview Recovery knows the dangers of addiction. At our Corvallis heroin rehab center, we can treat individuals for substance use disorder, helping them to overcome their heroin addiction.
Heroin’s Effects on the Body
As an opioid, heroin suppresses the central nervous system. This effects body functions such as heart rate, blood pressure, and respiration. As it binds to the brain’s neurotransmitters, it increases the release of the chemicals responsible for feelings of pleasure like dopamine. However, the danger with heroin is that even after a single use, the brain can become dependent upon the drug to release the chemicals. Usually, with substance use disorder over time, the brain becomes dependent, that is, addicted. Individuals struggling with heroin addiction don’t merely use the drug for the ‘high’ it produces. They are physically addicted to the drug to provide their body with the necessary chemicals to function. Because it rewires brain chemistry, addiction is a disease. Fortunately, individuals can heal with proper treatment from the Corvallis heroin rehab center.
Treatment Programs at Corvallis Heroin Rehab Center
Once an individual has developed an addiction to heroin, it is virtually impossible to break free of it without professional help. There are a variety of treatment options for individuals suffering from heroin addiction. At our Corvallis heroin rehab center, we offer the following:
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): After detox or residential treatment, IOP allows individuals to continue with their daily commitments such as work, school, or family obligations. However, at the same time, clients receive condensed and intense treatment built around their schedule.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): When a client doesn’t need 24-hour supervision but still needs structured treatment, PHP is an option. Clients live at their home or sober living facility and come to treatment for a fixed portion of the day.
- Extended Care Program: Not everyone comes to recovery in the same way or at the same pace. Some clients require a longer time to deal with the effects of addiction and to heal fully. Therefore, we offer extended care allowing clients to continue their same treatment but for a longer period than usual.
- Aftercare: Once a client completes their treatment program, they may still need support as they transition back to their daily lives. One way to ensure a lasting recovery and lower the risk of relapse is through our aftercare program. Clients get access to the resources, contacts, and information they need as they strive to apply what they’ve learned in rehab.
We designed all of our programs at the Corvallis heroin rehab center to give clients the best chance at a successful recovery and lasting sobriety.
Alongside these treatment programs, at Crestview Recovery, we work with clients to design the most effective therapeutic plan. To do so, we offer a wide variety of therapies, including:
- Trauma Therapy: Often, individuals who have witnessed or experienced traumatic events need special treatment to confront their addiction. Sometimes individuals have repressed some trauma affecting their substance use disorder.
- Dual diagnosis Treatment: When clients experience addiction as well as an underlying mental health issue like depression or anxiety disorder, this treatment addressing both issues to reduce the risk of future relapse.
- Cognitive-behavioral Therapy: This individualized talk therapy focuses on improving how clients perceive their actions. It teaches clients how to healthy resolve negative thoughts and behaviors.
These alongside Individual, Family, and Group therapy give clients options to address their issues. It puts them on the best footing to overcome their addiction. Heroin addiction doesn’t have to control your life. If you or a loved one is ready to get sober, then Crestview Recovery’s Corvallis heroin rehab center is ready to support you. Contact us at 866.262.0531 to learn more about our programs and services. Start on your road to recovery and sobriety today.