Moral reconation therapy in Portland is a form of cognitive-behavioral therapy that works to improve moral reasoning, decision-making, and behavior for men and women with substance use disorders. It was originally intended for prisoners with a substance use disorder at a high risk of reoffending. Now, however, it’s widely used in treatment centers across the country to treat addiction and other disorders. A mental health treatment program using moral reconation therapy (MRT) helps men and women make better decisions that lead to healthier lives.
At Crestview Recovery, we help young men and women 18 and over who are struggling with addiction to alcohol, opioids, or other harmful substances. Our therapists are well trained in MRT. They use this knowledge in combination with other therapies and medication to minimize any symptoms that are interfering with recovery. Clients will participate in MRT through group and individual sessions where they develop new skills and attitude in reaching their goals. For more information about our moral reconation therapy in Portland, call 866.262.0531 today to speak with our compassionate staff about enrolling in our mental health treatment center.
Understanding Moral Reconation Therapy in Portland
Moral reconation therapy offers hope for those who have tried quitting in the past but relapsed. MRT is for those clients who are still trying to find the motivation to quit and maintain their sobriety. It uses a holistic approach by focusing on the moral, social, and behavioral issues that are standing in the way of a healthy life. Clients will participate in MRT and other types of behavioral and holistic therapies for a whole-person treatment experience.
Moral reconation therapy in Portland has proven to be beneficial in treating:
- Substance use disorder
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Other criminal activity
At Crestview Recovery, our moral reconation therapy in Portland improves our client’s ability to reason and make healthier choices. MRT is a proven therapeutic technique that can be very beneficial for clients who have experienced previous setbacks in their recovery.
What to Expect From Moral Reconation Therapy in Mental Health Treatment
Moral reconation therapy is a 12-step program run by a certified MRT therapist and consists of individual and group therapy sessions. Clients will meet 1–2 times per week over 3–6 months, depending on each client’s individual progress. Here is what you can expect from moral reconation therapy in mental health treatment:
- Therapists will help clients confront their existing behaviors, attitudes, and beliefs. Then, they’ll show clients new ways to see the world around them.
- Clients will develop a healthier self-image with better moral reasoning and decision-making abilities.
- Clients will develop coping skills to reduce self-destructive behaviors. At the same time, they’ll increase their frustration tolerance for dealing with stress.
- Therapists will teach clients healthy relationship traits and how to recognize bad habits that can tear apart relationships.
- Clients will role-play to practice moral reasoning and decision-making with their peers and build their confidence in their new skills.
- Therapists will work on reinforcing the behaviors that contribute to their sobriety and a healthier self-image.
Learn more about making better decisions and living a life of sobriety with moral reconation therapy at Crestview Recovery.
Join Crestview Recovery for Compassionate Mental Health Treatment using MRT and Other Therapies
At Crestview Recovery, we support men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with addiction, depression, or other mental health disorders. During admissions, we will run a full assessment to determine the best type of program to help you meet your recovery goals. We offer a full range of beneficial therapies that clients will participate in during their inpatient or outpatient treatment program:
- Moral reconation therapy (MRT)
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Trauma therapy
- Holistic therapy
- Family therapy
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction or other mental health disorders, call 866.262.0531 today to speak with our caring staff about enrolling in our addiction treatment center in Portland.