Impulse control disorders are a type of mental health disorder where men and women are unable to resist certain impulses, even if they want to stop before the impulse causes harm. The inability to resist certain urges can cause significant problems at school, work, or at home. Finding impulse disorders treatment in Portland is crucial for men and women if their symptoms are harming themselves or others. Impulse disorders are treatable through a combination of evidence-back therapies that are a part of a comprehensive mental health treatment program.
At Crestview Recovery, we provide compassionate support for men and women 18 and over who are struggling with impulse control. We use a combination of behavioral and holistic therapies to treat our clients through inpatient and outpatient treatment programs. In severe cases, we provide medication-assisted treatment to reduce some of the symptoms of impulse control disorders. For more information about our impulsive disorders treatment program in Portland, call 866.262.0531 today to speak with our knowledgeable staff.
Finding Impulse Disorders Treatment in Portland
It’s natural for individuals to have certain impulses and urges. Typically, they can resist those impulses and not suffer any physical or mental symptoms. When a person has an impulse control disorder, they have certain impulses that are all-consuming and impossible to resist. If they do, it can cause anxiety, agitation, and other painful symptoms.
When searching for impulse disorders treatment in Portland, make sure they have experience treating the common types of impulse control disorders that include:
- Compulsive sexual behavior
- Intermittent explosive disorder
- Compulsive gambling disorder
At Crestview Recovery, our impulse disorders treatment in Portland is very effective in reducing the all-consuming impulses that are common with this disorder. Clients learn self-control coping skills and practice them in role-playing situations with their peers in a supervised environment.
The Benefits of an Impulsive Disorders Treatment Program in Portland
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is one of the best forms of treatment for impulse disorders due to its focus on the relationship between thoughts and behaviors. Men and women will participate in cognitive-behavioral therapies and other treatments as part of a well-rounded mental health treatment program.
Some of the benefits of an impulsive disorders treatment program in Portland include the following:
- Clients will participate in several behavioral therapies in group and private sessions. Here, they will learn healthy coping skills to manage their impulses without acting on them.
- Medical staff will administer medication to reduce the symptoms that are interfering with treatment. They will monitor each client and make adjustments to their medication to minimize any negative side effects while still receiving the maximum benefits.
- Clients will participate in a variety of holistic therapies such as music therapy, art therapy, journaling, and animal therapy. This form of self-expression can introduce clients to new interests and hobbies that they can use to distract themselves from their impulses.
- Family therapy is important in the treatment process and gives parents, siblings, and spouses a chance to talk about their feelings in a safe and judgment-free environment. They learn all about impulse disorders and how they can support the recovery process.
Choose Crestview Recovery’s Impulsive Disorders Treatment Center in Portland for Help with Your Impulse Control Issues
At Crestview Recovery, we provide effective treatment for men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with impulse control. We work closely with each client to create a personalized treatment plan that addresses the severity of their symptoms and improves their confidence in maintaining self-control.
We offer a wide range of treatment programs to treat all levels of impulse control disorders:
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Separate men’s and women’s rehab
- Telehealth program
- Aftercare program
Call 866.262.0531 today or fill out our online contact form for more information about our impulsive disorders treatment center in Portland.