A dissociative disorder is a mental health disorder where men and women can experience problems with memory and identity, emotions and perceptions, and losing a sense of self. Dissociative disorders treatment in Portland gives men and women a supportive environment where they receive beneficial therapies to address their symptoms. It offers effective mental health treatment to help clients manage their symptoms and lead productive lives.
At Crestview Recovery, we provide effective support for men and women who are struggling with dissociative disorders or other mental health disorders. Our team will welcome you into our facility. Then, they will take the time to get to know you and your specific condition. We create a tailored treatment program that involves behavioral therapy and medication-assisted treatment for a more effective treatment experience. For more information about our mental health treatment programs, call 866.262.0531 or fill out our online form today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
What is a Dissociative Disorder Treatment Program?
While most people will experience only mild symptoms, some people can have severe symptoms that can cause significant problems in their lives. Dissociation happens to everyone at some point during the day. Examples of dissociation include daydreaming, getting lost in a good book or movie, or highway hypnosis (a condition where you drive to a destination without remembering the drive).
For men and women who experience significant symptoms, they can feel like they have two separate identities, each with unique ways of thinking and behavior. They feel like they don’t fit in their body or suddenly feel like they are watching themselves talk and interact with others.
The common symptoms of a dissociative disorder include:
- Memory loss of certain period of time, people, or personal information
- A sense of being detached
- A distorted sense of reality
- A blurred sense of self
- Problems with work and personal relationships
- Suicidal thoughts/Self-harming behavior
At Crestview Recovery, our dissociative disorders treatment in Portland helps men and women reconnect with reality and manage the symptoms that are disrupting their lives. Our behavioral therapists have experience working with dissociative identity disorder, dissociative amnesia, and depersonalization/derealization disorder.
What to Expect from a Dissociative Disorders Treatment in Portland
Treating mental health disorders like dissociative disorders involves various forms of therapy to address the cause behind the disorder. At the same time, they’ll be able to develop healthy coping skills to manage their symptoms. While there is no cure for dissociative disorders, there are several effective therapies and treatments that can significantly reduce symptoms.
Some of the therapies used in dissociative disorders treatment in Portland include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – CBT is one of the most effective forms of treatment for many mental health disorders, including dissociative disorders. It focuses on helping clients understand their thoughts and feelings and how they dictate their actions.
- Dialectical behavior therapy – DBT helps patients who have suicidal thoughts or self-harming behavior. It focuses on helping clients see themselves and the world around them in a positive light.
- Medication-assisted treatment – There is no medication to treat dissociative disorders directly. However, certain medications can reduce some of the symptoms associated with dissociative disorders.
Crestview Recovery: The Best Dissociative Disorders Treatment Center in Portland
At Crestview Recovery, we help men and women 18 and over from all walks of life who are struggling with dissociative disorders or other mental health disorders. A dissociative disorder treatment program is very beneficial in minimizing the major symptoms that are disrupting their lives. In addition, it will give them the confidence to make positive changes.
Clients will participate in a number of therapies, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Trauma therapy
- Family therapy
- Group and individual therapy
- Holistic therapy
It’s time to take that first step to a better future by calling 866.262.0531 today to speak with our compassionate staff about enrolling in our dissociative disorders treatment center in Portland, Oregon.