Enrolling in a marijuana addiction rehab program is the smart choice to make before the abuse causes significant problems in your work or personal life. While cannabis isn’t nearly as potent as other drug, there is still a risk of addiction. Those trying to cope with depression, PTSD, or other mental illnesses are more likely to develop an addiction to cannabis. As a result, they will require therapy to treat both disorders. Fortunately, there are substance abuse treatments available that can treat the physical and mental aspects of marijuana addiction.
At Crestview Recovery, our marijuana addiction rehab program in Portland supports individuals who are abusing marijuana or other substances and need help with their recovery. Our team has experience treating all types of addiction and the causes behind it. You will work one-on-one with a behavioral therapist to develop new coping skills and practice these skills with your peers in group therapy. If you would like to learn more about our substance abuse treatments, call 866.262.0531 today to talk with our compassionate staff.
Why Should You Enroll in a Marijuana Rehab Center?
Finding marijuana addiction treatment in Portland is essential for those who are abusing cannabis and need professional help. Using marijuana or other drugs causes a disruption to the delicate chemical balance within your body. The chemicals in cannabis attach themselves to cannabinoid receptors, G-protein-coupled (GPCRs), and CB1 and CB2 receptors. These receptors regulate mood, appetite, pain sensation, vascular and nonvascular smooth muscle tone, and immune function.
When you abuse marijuana, these cell receptors stop functioning until you take more. Without a steady supply, withdrawals and cravings can begin within 12 hours and last for three to four weeks. Symptoms typically peak around 48–72 hours, and that is when most people will relapse. Enrolling in a marijuana addiction rehab center provides a safe and discreet environment where men and women can focus on their recovery free from outside distractions and temptations.
At Crestview Recovery, our marijuana rehab center is available for men and women 18 and over who are ready to stop abusing cannabis. Our team has experience treating all types of addiction and can help you get back to your healthy and sober self safely.
The Benefits of a Marijuana Addiction Rehab Program
There are many benefits of enrolling in an addiction treatment program. No matter the substance you are abusing, a rehab program is the best option for recovery for those who are ready for a drug or alcohol-free life. Just some of the benefits of a marijuana addiction rehab program include:
- Clients with strong withdrawal symptoms and cravings will receive medication to ease their symptoms. As a result, they will be able to better focus on their recovery. These medications can also treat depressive or anxiety symptoms that can fuel the addiction.
- Private and group therapy sessions led by a certified behavioral therapist. During private therapy, you will uncover the reasons behind the abuse and develop new ways to cope with those feelings or past traumas. During group therapy, you will practice coping skills and participate in group discussions and other holistic group activities. You will also get a chance to give and receive feedback from your peers and see how they are coping with their addiction.
- Residential and outpatient therapy options. Addiction recovery is a complex illness to treat and requires different stages of recovery. Most clients will begin therapy through a residential treatment program and continue therapy through outpatient treatment for as long as necessary.
- Family therapy is very important to the recovery process. Your family can participate in therapy to work through any issues that can complicate the recovery. They will talk with a therapist about any negativity or resentment they may have and begin to heal and build a stronger family bond.
A marijuana rehab center offers safe and effective treatment programs for those who are ready to stop abusing cannabis. These programs teach healthy life skills as well as improve other aspects of their lives.
Join Crestview Recovery’s Marijuana Addiction Treatment in Portland
At Crestview Recovery, our marijuana addiction rehab program in Portland welcomes all people who are struggling with addiction and ready to make a positive change in their lives. We take the time to get to know you and your unique history. Then, we can create a treatment program that focuses on all aspects of your addiction. In fact, we’re a full-service treatment center with a wide range of programs that include:
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- A solid alumni network
Are you ready to begin therapy and beat addiction? If so, then call 866.262.0531 today to speak with our caring team.