Drug addiction is a serious problem worldwide. Although not all drugs are the same, they are all equally dangerous as they are addictive. The U.S. government passed legislation in 1970 known as the Controlled Substances Act to list these drugs according to how dangerous they are. They created five lists or ‘schedules’ where schedule 1 drugs are the most dangerous, with schedule 5 drugs being the least.
What Are Schedule-I Drugs?
Schedule-I drugs are unregulated by the FDA and carry a high risk of addiction. They are commonly called “street drugs,” and are the least safe of all controlled substances. There are also no accepted safety norms for these drugs. The drugs carry a heavy penalty of up to $2 million apart from 5 to 40 years of prison time. Thankfully, Oregon’s progressive drug laws prevent users from being arrested for having small amounts of schedule-I narcotics in their possession; however, Schedule-I drugs can have profoundly destructive effects on people’s health, well-being, and family life.
Some common Schedule I drugs include:
- LSD (Lysergic acid diethylamide )
- Ecstasy (Methylenedioxymethamphetamine)
- Synthetic Marijuana
List of Schedule-II Drugs
Schedule-II drugs are drugs that have a high risk of abuse, but slightly less as compared to Schedule 1 drugs. These drugs are also dangerous and can lead to severe dependence. Most of these drugs are sold on the streets, but some like Fentanyl, Adderall and Ritalin may also be prescribed for certain conditions.
Some Schedule 2 drugs are:
- Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
- Oxycodone (OxyContin)
- Meperidine (Demerol)
Beginning the Treatment Journey
No matter what type of drug, schedule 1 drugs or other, the long-term health consequences can be dangerous. At Crestview Recovery, we focus on multiple treatment programs to address all kinds of substance abuse. Some treatment regimes we follow are:
- Gender-specific treatment that ensures a safe environment for all individuals where everyone can talk about their concerns and emotions
- Individual, confidential psychotherapy where therapists help you discover more about addiction and ways to cope with triggers
- Group sessions that help you develop relapse prevention strategies.
- Family therapy that is designed to educate the entire family on addiction and build a strong support system
- Holistic treatments including yoga, mindful meditation and art therapy that help in controlling stress and anxiety
- Dual diagnosis to find out and address multiple root causes of addiction
- Trauma therapy that addresses unresolved negative issues from the past
Given the backdrop of stunning trails, mountains, and rivers at our facility, healing becomes a natural and enjoyable process.
The Best of Drug Addiction Programs At Crestview Recovery
We focus on providing not only evidence-based treatment but also on customized therapies based on each individual’s unique needs. Our master therapists are some of the most experienced in Oregon and are well-versed in treating complex addiction problems.
We offer a number of outdoor activities designed to encourage a lot of laughter for quicker healing. Some of the activities you can enjoy include whitewater rafting, snowboarding, skiing, fishing, hiking, and camping.
At Crestview Recovery, we also offer varying levels of care. They include:
- Partial hospitalization program
- In-house residential drug treatment
- Extended care addiction treatment
- Intensive outpatient program
- Relapse prevention
We treat each individual and family with the care and compassion they need during the recovery process. High quality of care combined with the best of facilities is what makes us the most preferred drug rehab center in Portland.
Make substance abuse and addiction to Schedule-I drugs a thing of the past. Reach out to our Portland drug treatment center at 866.262.0531. We are here to help you learn the required skills to get your life on track.